Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total newbie question here. I've got a 2020 Ecoboost Premium with the 12" LCD instrument cluster and Equipment Group 201A. Page 79 of the manual says:

"You can use the remote control to open the windows with the ignition off".

It also says "Note: To operate this feature, Accessory Delay must not be active".

Problem is, the manual doesn't say how to de-activate Accessory Delay. In fact, the manual only mentions the phrase "Accessory Delay" on page 79 and nowhere else in the entire manual. I'm pretty sure I've gone through all the items in the "Settings" menu and I can't find any reference to Accessory Delay. I know my Accessory Delay is turned on because the stereo keeps playing after I shut the engine off, and I can operate the windows from inside, until I open the door.

Anybody know the secret to turning off Accessory Delay? Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, I finally figured out how to lower my windows remotely, and the manual was COMPLETELY wrong in describing how to do so. First, I didn't have to de-activate the Accessory Delay as the manual stated (and I STILL don't know how to do that, but it's okay). Second, the manual said:

"After you unlock your vehicle, press and hold the remote control unlock button to open the windows."

That was completely wrong! In reality, I have to press and release the unlock button on the key fob once, then press it a second time and hold it down for about 2 seconds, THEN the windows roll down!

Ford's manual leaves much to be desired!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts