Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do as much to my internals as possible at one time. Lookin at spending 2k-2.5k MAX on parts (I have a friend who is a mechanic so labor is comparatively cheap for me). I don't know if I should change the intake manifold and have my heads ported/polished, or get a bore/stroke, or what. Should I do the cam first? Can I put a cam into an otherwise stock engine, or for that matter, could I used forged internals in one if I wanted to consider using 100 shots of nitrous? I don't really have a lot of experience here. Where is a good place to start on that budget, looking for max hp while still being reliable?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You can go up to 350-375rwhp on factory internals and not really worry about it much

For best hp/$ on V6 you want boost, look for a used supercharger or turbo kit and get the supporting mods for it

Should you not be able to find a decently priced used kit, look into heads/cam/intakes

He makes good HCI setups for a good price

http://kylepersonperformance.m.webs.com

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny, the super-six power packs are exactly what I was looking at! But I am surprised to hear the stock internals will take 350 HP!! Maybe it is because I am more used to dealing with Honda internals, but if I can safely use a supercharger with my 3.8, then I might have to reconsider my whole plan lol..

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
twotone01 said:
So on my stock engine with 133k I can S.C it safely?
Yep, keep up with regular maintenance and you shouldn't have any worries, run around 9-10psi

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just noticed we all have silver mustangs (I know I don't have a pic up, but mine is the same color). Maybe not all that special, or maybe it means the world is going to end this december when our mustangs align!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I've never understood why this color is considered a silver, called mineral grey and looks brown -_-

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I've never understood why this color is considered a silver, called mineral grey and looks brown -_-
I bought rims that just so happen to be the exact same color, and their manufacturer dubbed them "gunmetal" rather than silver. Sounds good to me.

I am about to upload a picture since I been talking about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts