Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
best in the v6 was a 16 flat all stock but decent tires....as for how i loaded the TC to about 2k rpm and used left foot braking to help me launch. i'm in an auto :good:

in my GT best i could do was a 14.2 but i had to go 1,2,4 because my 3rd gear went out first trip down the 1/4 smh....didn't run again after that since the trans was going out

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
60ft time is VERY important, every .1 on the 60ft time you shave off is .2 in the quarter mile~ so if you are at a 2.3 60ft time a 2.1 would shave off .4 tenths~

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I got a auto with tune...but I was reading a thread on here how a 6er auto with just a k&n intake and tune got a 15.9...I can't seem to break out of the 16s..
location, sea level, and time of year/conditions can make or break a time...what tires are you running? when i got my best time i was rolling on 555's...

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
not the wheels...the tires..granted those stock 16's are super heavy. The difference in those 16s and GT 17" starfish wheels is crazy. the starfish wheels are lighter so if you can find a set i'd pick them up. the less rotational mass the better :good: also i read you have rear spacers...how big? that can also hurt your time since you're having to spin them around as well as the heavy stockers

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
do you hold the brake down with your left foot...letting your right foot give it some gas to hold it at a certain rpm....meaning when you let off the brake you're already going...the TC is preloaded so you save some time. it takes a bit to practice but the right amount of rpm when you launch can really help a run. just practice in an open lot as far as transferring off the brake and adding more gas...to quick and you spin..too slow and you'll nose dive a bit

1 - 20 of 43 Posts