Mustang Evolution Forum banner
981 - 995 of 995 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
So I went the ForScan route and it was surprisingly easy. Only true expense was paying the dealership to program the odometer back for me. Didn't even have to mess with ASBuilt data. After I did the PATS programming; Trackapps were there!
Wait, your dealer rolled your odometer back!?
Lucky sob lol.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to get this mod done, anyone near San Antonio, TX that could help with programming? Of course would throw some cash/beer your way for ya troubles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy a new cluster for a ‘14. I’ve tried ordering online from Fordparts and from Lakeland Ford and both times have had the ordered cancelled. I called my local dealer but they wanted $800 for the cluster. I’ve seen prices as low as $500 (plus core) online, but again, they cancel the order after a couple of days. I tried calling Tasco, but they don’t answer their phone.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found my premium cluster out of a wrecked convertible at a junk yard for 80.00 bucks. Find a yard that has multiple lots and give them a call and let them look around. GL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I ended up finding one on eBay for $325. I had to replace the faceplate for it, but otherwise it was in good condition.

BTW, for those still looking to do this, the Forscan tool is the way to go. I tried a VCMII clone first and couldn’t ever get it to talk to the car. The Forscan was really easy. The Forscan software installed on my old laptop running Windows 8.1. It took about 40 minutes to get the keys programmed and do the module integration. And once I did the module integration, the track apps automatically appeared without having to change asbuilt codes.

I’m happy to post the Forscan procedure if anyone has questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I ended up finding one on eBay for $325. I had to replace the faceplate for it, but otherwise it was in good condition.

BTW, for those still looking to do this, the Forscan tool is the way to go. I tried a VCMII clone first and couldn’t ever get it to talk to the car. The Forscan was really easy. The Forscan software installed on my old laptop running Windows 8.1. It took about 40 minutes to get the keys programmed and do the module integration. And once I did the module integration, the track apps automatically appeared without having to change asbuilt codes.

I’m happy to post the Forscan procedure if anyone has questions.

Can you post the procedure for Forscan along with what tool used?

·
Administrator
821 Posts

·
Administrator
821 Posts

·
Administrator
821 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Iceman.....you are a one of a kind. You are the first person to have a Boss 302 Track Apps Cluster that is programmed for an automatic with Sport Shift AND a Transmission Temperature Gauge all in a Boss Cluster. :)
I bought a premium cluster, used forscan, but my cluster does not show the Select Shift data by the odometer like I have seen other clusters do. Is there a way to program that into the cluster? BTW, my car is a 2014 and my cluster is also a 2014. Thanks!

·
Administrator
821 Posts
I bought a premium cluster, used forscan, but my cluster does not show the Select Shift data by the odometer like I have seen other clusters do. Is there a way to program that into the cluster? BTW, my car is a 2014 and my cluster is also a 2014. Thanks!
Sorry, I have no idea. I also have a 14 with track-apps etc… But I don’t have select shift. My post will bump the thread.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry, I have no idea. I also have a 14 with track-apps etc… But I don’t have select shift. My post will bump the thread.
I figured it out. I looked at a bunch of as built data using a bunch of serial numbers from cargurus and the motorcraftservice website and looked at the common options to figure out what the differences were. My cluster was programmed as a V6 with a 6 speed manual and navigation. Once I plugged in the as built codes for a 5.0, automatic, without Navigation, it works perfectly.

·
Administrator
821 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for the update.

981 - 995 of 995 Posts