Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2001 V6 from a guy off of Craigslist a couple of months back, and it already had an x-pipe installed on it. The original owner wasn't the smartest guy in the world, so he didn't know what he put on. Is there anyway I could get under the car and see? Are there marking telling me what the maker and model is?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought my 2001 V6 from a guy off of Craigslist a couple of months back, and it already had an x-pipe installed on it. The original owner wasn't the smartest guy in the world, so he didn't know what he put on. Is there anyway I could get under the car and see? Are there marking telling me what the maker and model is?
Put her up on ramps, like you'd do an oil change and check out your mufflers. There could be a flowmaster down the side, dynomax, magnaflow, thrush, ect but there also could be no way to tell unless you, or someone you have with you, knows what they look like from previous installs. You could also go online and look at the different brands and kinda give an educated guess like that. In my opinion, they're all really the same, except I'm in favor of true duals over an xpipe or hpipe.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put her up on ramps, like you'd do an oil change and check out your mufflers. There could be a flowmaster down the side, dynomax, magnaflow, thrush, ect but there also could be no way to tell unless you, or someone you have with you, knows what they look like from previous installs. You could also go online and look at the different brands and kinda give an educated guess like that. In my opinion, they're all really the same, except I'm in favor of true duals over an xpipe or hpipe.
My dads been a mechanic for 30 years, so I'm sure he can give me a hand. Thanks for the info man

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll get it on the ramps ASAP. Wish I knew someone who had a lift

1 - 6 of 6 Posts