Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just want to make my 1998 3.8 liter faster without buying a supercharger or anything like that thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Im not really good on Mustangs yet, but first I would say get either new dual exhaust (flowmasters, magnaflow etc.) depends on the taste of sound you like, then I believe you can get a cold air intake, or you can get both. :) If anything I said is wrong, someone correct me. :cool: The cool thing is I have the same car and model as you, but its still stock, so im gonna get the Flowmaster 40's. As my first upgrade, then ill get the intake.

Take Care

·
Registered
21 Posts
i say u get :

mac CAI
SPintech Dual exhaust (muffler part # 6224)
intake spacer
Camshaft
aluminum driveshaft
roller rockers

·
Registered
386 Posts
just curious on how much u are wanting to spend.

You could do simple bolt ons.

UD pulley - easy install ~70 bucks
CAI - Easy Install ~50 bucks on ebay
Exhaust - Shop install ~ can be expensive depending on what you buy, be ready to spend around 300 at a shop for parts and labor.
Alum DS - around 200 bucks.

Not for HP but can increase acceleration.

Gears and T'lock - expensive.

Or, you can go

Ported Upper and lower intakes.

Or if i wanna really get into it, go for ported heads and a cam as well.
Thats really where the power is.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Good thing you used faster instead of fast. But those go hand and hand. Bolt-on's will make you car faster, but not much. To make a noticable difference you have to swap the cam and heads at a minimum. If those items are too expensive for you, you could opt for a split port swap. And since you say you have a 95, I would swap the head gaskets ASAP before they blow. Then I would go with some dual exhaust and you'll be golden until the horsepower virus hits you. I use virus, because there is no cure. You have to feed the need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts