Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is a 1988 mustang gt and i love it. i know the car already goes fast but i want it to go faster plus how can i add turbo to it?thank you for any helpful answers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you have to ask, its probably not in the cards, but there are some things which you can do.
OIf you really have money (over $4000) you can get a supercharger or turbo installed on the car and tuned. That could get you a ton of power but the mods listed below are cheaper and still pretty quick

Engine:
Intake, throttle body, headers, exhaust, xpipe
Transmission: 3.73 gear ratio
Suspension: just get lowering springs and sport shocks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Theres several ways to make a car faster, it all depends on budget, since you dont provide one, the best I can suggest you is taking advantage of a car performance simulator, there you can virtually do any mod to you car and see how it would improve in real life, than decide if you do it or not in real life.

Try at http://www.nxgtrsim.com

·
Registered
40 Posts
easier and cheaper to add a supercharger to it( look on eBay motors and craigslist)
modifications will be needed in the engine compartment to make it fit)
then it will need to be professionally tuned in

·
Registered
7 Posts
A set of 3.55 gears if it's a 5-speed, or 3.73 for an automatic.....they'll cost you about 2 MPG though.

I put 3.55's in my '92 but used a higher overdrive (.59) than the factory (.70) to get the MPG back.

As an '87, this is likely a "speed-density" EFI system so you're very limited in engine mods. You could convert the car to "mass-air", though.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts