Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can i make it faster i no its not a V8 and dont say get a Turbocharger cause i already no that to lol :) but this is what i plan on geting already
4.10:1 gears
C&L intake
X pipe
dual exhaust flowmaster 40 series
reprogramming my shiftpoints cause i have auto

but maybe you guys have some better ideas then that what else can i get? and could i maybe get links for some good parts or at least the part name and just not the name brand ty for the help

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey houston are you blowing smoke or proving you know some performance parts names and exactly what is your question?

so if you have a build program it has an objective....not just "go faster"

so what do you want to be when you grow up 350rwHP, 420rwHP?

stop naming parts names and start understanding the installations you require to enhance the build and what they contribute to the power up.

you (for certain) are going to be relying on a pro shop, so what you need to do is have an overview of what you need to enhance your engine to get to your objective.

#1budget, #2objective (forget go faster and pick a realty...like a rwHP objective, or a 1/4 mi. objective) BUT IT HAS TO BE TANGIBLE...
once you do that and stop all this other make a list stuff we can discuss your build.

cheers 04 cobra

·
Registered
48 Posts
The turbocharger is the best answer. Add air and fuel and there ya go. More balls. The automatic isnt a problem. Sure its heavier and robs more power but no matter how good of a driver you are you can't outshift a stock automatic transmission let alone one with a shift kit and other beefy mods. That makes up for the extra power it takes to turn it. After everything you do tho, it might be better and cheaper to just buy yourself a V8 engine and transmission from a wrecked stang and the computer and all that and drop it in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
first, you can't it's a ford. lmao. hahaha Yeah, it's an automatic, why try? they have the worst top end ever, and why not just buy an old mustang that's a v8, I mean come on, then you could drop a 351w in it, (if ur a ford guy that is) I'd drop a 454 in it myself, but that's just me lol anyway, just try with small stuff, cuz that's all you're gunna be able to do to a 4.0. port and polish, balance, but then again, why waste the money on that if you're not guna put a turbo on it. try a cold air intake, or cool air, that gives you like what, 10 or less hp? I mean, there's not much you can do without extreme modifications, which you have to reprogram your computer, or chip it up, which is kinda stupid in my opinion, when you could just go carburation which is better for racing, then you could get a blower. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts