Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My inspection is up this month. The rear o2 sensors are turned off via tune so they are obviously incomplete/not ready. Is there any way around this? Defoulers, mil eliminator anything?? Or do i have to swap the cat back in which i dobt want to do because its a custom welded exhaust

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
My inspection is up this month. The rear o2 sensors are turned off via tune so they are obviously incomplete/not ready. Is there any way around this? Defoulers, mil eliminator anything?? Or do i have to swap the cat back in which i dobt want to do because its a custom welded exhaust
MIL eliminators

·
Registered
262 Posts
More than likely they will put ur car on a lift and look underneath it and visually see if u have cats. So mil eliminators won't solve that issue.. A lot of people get inspections written up by someone they know that will just pass it, or get cats put on and just gut them

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
More than likely they will put ur car on a lift and look underneath it and visually see if u have cats. So mil eliminators won't solve that issue.. A lot of people get inspections written up by someone they know that will just pass it, or get cats put on and just gut them
My understanding was gutting cats will still give you a loud sound, but with a car likes our that gets a performance increase from removing the cats, will not give you the same performance since that open space where the cats were created kinda of a blockage and slows down the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Slip the guy a $50

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mil eliminators dont work aparently because its in the tune. The o2 sensors arent ready therefore it wont pass inspection. I own the shop btw.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What happens if you guys dont pass inspection? My state doesnt have them so im just wondering.
I live in Delaware where you have to take your car to the DMV. Here if the car doesn't pass inspection you will not be issued a new registration, and you will be driving with expired plates.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought 2 02 sensor defoulers with 3 different jet sizes. I will test all of them and post the results.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In case anyone was wondering i passed inspection. The setup was two vibrant performance 02 defoulers with the smallest jet installef. Drove twenty miles @ 55mph and it was ready

·
Registered
62 Posts
In case anyone was wondering i passed inspection. The setup was two vibrant performance 02 defoulers with the smallest jet installef. Drove twenty miles @ 55mph and it was ready

Where did you buy these? And did you need a new tune after installing?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
With the right tune you can pass inspection. Trust me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts