Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
i THINK it is tabs/3m tape/ I don't like how it looks but it is a convenient close handle that doesn't show fingerprints. I saw one of the 15's the other day and talking to the owner/looking at the smooth shiney back panel when I asked about fingerprints I got the LOOK. Me thinks it's a finger print display board (the 15's)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Tabs. I swapped trunk lids with a GT/CS and had to also remove the caps. First, you will have to remove the liner to gain access. Easy-peasy.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I would heat it up a bit to warm up the adhesive for easy removal. Probably less prone to breaking tabs that way too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
And run dental floss or fishing line between the cap and trunk to separate the tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Tabs and tape. I used a credit card and small flat head screwdriver to pry mine off for painting. Tabs are flimsy. Take your time and you'll be good. Use some type of card to protect outer decklid cover.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
It uses some of that super duty 3m automotive tape, and plenty of it. It took me awhile to remove mine. I used different sizes of body filler applicators to assist in getting behind it, and to gently pry it up and off all the way around. The dental floss kept getting stuck once it got to the guide pins, and there's more of that 3m tape on the inside of these pins, so that won't help when you get to that part.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ford uses two alignment/centering tabs and 3M tape. Removal can be helped with a hair dryer. Wrap about 12" of 20 lb test fishing line around a dowel rod at each end. Warm up the emblem and using a sawing motion go back and forth between the body and the emblem. The tape kinda stuck to my line so I cleaned it off every now and then. Be patient, it will come off. Do not attempt to Pry it off under any circumstances.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ford uses two alignment/centering tabs and 3M tape. Removal can be helped with a hair dryer. Wrap about 12" of 20 lb test fishing line around a dowel rod at each end. Warm up the emblem and using a sawing motion go back and forth between the body and the emblem. The tape kinda stuck to my line so I cleaned it off every now and then. Be patient, it will come off. Do not attempt to Pry it off under any circumstances.

Yeah I pried mine off... Oops lol didn't do any damage really but I was starting to get frustrated a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 20 of 32 Posts