Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hay Kona, why are you taking it off. I'm trying to understand what you're going to do once its off. Thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
795 Posts
That faux gas cap would look better if you could get the ford letters in blue.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I know that's not helpful to your question, just thought I'd point that out. Lol

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I remember watching a 40 minute video on supercars that covered Mustang assembly at the Flat Rock plant. You can see a clip of a guy installing the emblem...literally a 2-second process with the tabs and tape, which is probably why they don't use screws.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How in the world do you take off and reinstall the trunk emblem? Is it secured with screws from the underside or what?

Have a great day!
I followed a video on YouTube and did this while it was on the car. I didn't use a drill. I just used a sheet metal screw with my screwdriver. I put in in the same area where the hole would be behind it than I used my pliers and pulled it out. It took a little pulling but it popped right out. I purchased a emblem that came with the plate around it on Ebay. I popped out the emblem with my thumbs and used the original one that was on the car. I also put 3m tape around it and it went right into place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I followed a video on YouTube and did this while it was on the car. I didn't use a drill. I just used a sheet metal screw with my screwdriver. I put in in the same area where the hole would be behind it than I used my pliers and pulled it out. It took a little pulling but it popped right out. I purchased a emblem that came with the plate around it on Ebay. I popped out the emblem with my thumbs and used the original one that was on the car. I also put 3m tape around it and it went right into place.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Good bye to you :(

21 - 32 of 32 Posts