Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure who to send this to so figured I'd start with you.

2weeks ago in the Niagara Gazette we called about an ad for a 1967 Mustang for sale by emailing the person. After two weeks of emailing back and forth, we are convinced this is a scam. The car was for only $4,000 and we could buy it by sending money through Yahoo! Finance. We've emailed back and forth and received lots of pictures (great looking car). We've asked him/her to call but came up with the reason that they were in Iraq last year and now couldn't hear very well. We said we wanted the car so he/she said that Yahoo! Finance would contact us immediately. Well, they did the next day but in the "paperwork" they listed a 1998 Toyota as the deal. I wrote the person back and told them about that mistake and it was immediately corrected. Hmmm When I emailed yesterday to have him/her send a copy of the vehicle title, he/she couldn't because it was already crated to be sent to us. (We went along with him/her too to see how far it would go.) The $4,000 included shipping costs too! Nobody sells a 1967 Mustang that looks perfect for $4,000. When they involved Yahoo! Finance in the "deal" I thought Yahoo should be notified but not sure how.

As the saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went thru the same deal with a crook pretending he was going through a divorce and was selling a Lexus 330 for $6.000. All I had to do was to send him $2.000 deposit via an escrow account he was going to set up and the car will be delivered to me in 2 days. I made up an address and told him that I attached the money with my email so he could get it faster.
I never heard from him again.

Buyers beware!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts