·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Do you mean for a vert?

·
Registered
47 Posts
cagedthought said:
I was wondering if anyone knew how to install a light bar?
Not that hard, took me about two hours total to mount and wire the brake light.

Just follow the directions int the package. You'll need a drill, and not a battery powered one. Drilling into the frame takes alot of juice.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
michael.konor said:
Not that hard, took me about two hours total to mount and wire the brake light.

Just follow the directions int the package. You'll need a drill, and not a battery powered one. Drilling into the frame takes alot of juice.
You aren't kidding...I installed my strut tower brace 2 weeks ago and it took 2 days. Needed to drill and tap 6 holes....could only get through about 2 on each charge (with a 12v drill). Drill some, charge, drill some, charge, tap some, charge, etc. Took forever.

I will be installing my light bar (bar without a light though) in the next couple of weeks. Can't see it being too difficult though. Seems pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Smurfin said:
You aren't kidding...I installed my strut tower brace 2 weeks ago and it took 2 days. Needed to drill and tap 6 holes....could only get through about 2 on each charge (with a 12v drill). Drill some, charge, drill some, charge, tap some, charge, etc. Took forever.

I will be installing my light bar (bar without a light though) in the next couple of weeks. Can't see it being too difficult though. Seems pretty straight forward.
Your drill sucks. You can build a small house with mine. :lol:

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Dom said:
Your drill sucks. You can build a small house with mine. :lol:
Wasn't mine...it was a friends that I had to borrow. All my tools are back in NY until next weekend. And yes, it did suck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I own a 2001 mustang V6 stang and i just installed a light bar.

how do you remove the head rest?

how do you re-locate the seat belt holder so that it doesnt hit the light bar?

thanks,
james

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
cagedthought said:

thanks,
james
How far back do you lean your seat? I have never heard of issues with the head rest hitting the light bar. As for the holder, I assume you are refering to the goofy loop that the belt goes through. Just take it off it is in the way. It really serves no purpose other than annoyance at times.

·
Registered
47 Posts
cagedthought said:

thanks,
james
It was included in my instructions that you have two choices.

You can remove, cut to shorten, drill and remount the seat belt loops.

- or -

You can do what I did and bend them upward to clear the bar.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when you say bend upward , do you mean bend it upward permanently? or just bend them far enough so that the seat can rest back? in any event its becomes annoying bending it back and forth.

do you know how to remove the head rest ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
cagedthought said:
when you say bend upward , do you mean bend it upward permanently? or just bend them far enough so that the seat can rest back? in any event its becomes annoying bending it back and forth.

do you know how to remove the head rest ?
You bend it once, in the upward position to clear the bar. You don't bend it back and forth.

Remove headrest? Pull upward sharply. There's a spring loaded bracket retainer inside the seat that slides along the headreast shaft. When you pull up on the headrest, the retainer slips into the detent, holding it in place.

Lower the headrest down, grab with both hands, and pull up sharply to get it past the detent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts