Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Jack up the rear...mark the driveshaft at the bottom.with a marker...now manually spin a tire one rotation. Count how many times the mark on the shaft spins around...

3.25 turns = 3.27
3.50 turns = 3.55
3.75 turns = 3.73
4+ = 4.10 unless it goes way past 4 turns lol but i dont see the po running a 4:30 gear and you not knowing

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I was thinking 4:10s we think he used to Race it. The car has a airbag delete kit, no spare, he raised the front end about 2.5 - 3" and kept the ass down for more traction was my guess.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Thats a horrible drag suspension then...he did the opposite of what youd want for launching

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Id guess more of he was building a donk but sold it half way through...let us know what you find out gear wise

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Ya I was thinking 4:10s we think he used to Race it. The car has a airbag delete kit, no spare, he raised the front end about 2.5 - 3" and kept the ass down for more traction was my guess.
Airbag delete? I'll bet that airbag delete became a good idea after they were deployed in an accident. You better get a carfax.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
That's called ghost riding lol. A few years ago this was very popular in the Bay Area during the hypha movement lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It has 3:27's I'm getting some stock springs from a Guy for $20 so I think I'm going to get those and see how it looks

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Take those stock gt springs and cut 1.25 coils off the front and 1 coil off the back...you can thank me later when your car is sitting all sexy like with a great stance lol.

And a donk is any vehicle lifted to fit rims way to big for the body..usually old caprices and monte carlos are used

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Take those stock gt springs and cut 1.25 coils off the front and 1 coil off the back...you can thank me later when your car is sitting all sexy like with a great stance lol.

And a donk is any vehicle lifted to fit rims way to big for the body..usually old caprices and monte carlos are used
Ah, I know the vehicles of which you speak lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess it didn't really help that the Guy I bought it from barley knew anything about a Mustang or what he HAD! the worst part is he didn't reply know English Lmao he had a translator with him when we bought the car XD

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I would've walked away.. But for real you should do slo said and lower it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts