Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
It's not worth it to upgrade from 225 to 235 on the factory rims... I thought about doing the same thing but it really won't make a difference. Just take the extra money and spend it on nicer tires

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
dont... they wont help its pointless other than for looks of course, and a 225 is about the best fit for a 16 inch rim a 235 looks FAR FAR to wide, i have some on my stockers lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
16 inch rims? my stock rims are only 15's

so they wont help , man i was wishing it would . do u have any pics of your stock rims with those 235's on them ? i would like to see what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
OH then dont think about it, no matter what you do a street tires wont really add that much traction in that size, im sure it will help a little no doubt... but its not worth the extra size, get a nice 225 tire but thats as big as I would go.

If it was me I would buy cheap 215mm tires and put the money toward rims... I know it takes a while but you wont belive the difference rims can make.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
I got 4 225/55/16's when I put new tires on last week and got them all for 520 mounted... just go with some 225/55/15's or whatever the stock is and don't worry about it IMO

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
Yes but I also have lifetime rotation, lifetime free flat repairs, hazard warranty I can carry into any of the stores they have all over the south and get new tires, etc etc...I'd rather pay a little more and get service then be stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire and some guy from an internet site tellling me he'll ship it out next week while I'm driving on the spare....

·
Registered
296 Posts
well.. nevertheless.. 520 seems pointless on stocker wheels.... but in your case-it seems like your got it hooked up with the quite expensive warranty deal. COULDNT you of bought like a set of 17 cobra replicas for 600$?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts