Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I finally begin buying a lot of power bolt ons for my GT, I have been looking at some 99/01 cobras. Seeing they might be better in the long run. Just curious would anyone be able to tell about how much power a full bolt on 01 cobra puts out. I just want to weigh my options should I go invest in the GT or save up for a decent cobra.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
not off the top of my head but being a 4v the cobra is a much better platform to mod

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1slosix said:
not off the top of my head but being a 4v the cobra is a much better platform to mod
Yea I know but I cld also make my GT pretty sick. A part of me wants to know the HP on a full bolt on cobra in case I choose to pursue that option.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Yea I know but I cld also make my GT pretty sick. A part of me wants to know the HP on a full bolt on cobra in case I choose to pursue that option.
yeah i guess lol...when i had my GT i tossed lots of bolt ons at it and was still getting my butt handed to me by s197s so i gave up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The amount of HP you get from "bolt ons" depends on how much money you're willing to spend. The more money, the more power you can get. There isn't necessarily a "limit" or "cap". I've seen 4V 4.6L engines pushing 1000 HP before major internal modifications. The question is, how much HP do you want, and are you going to be able to actually use it, or are you just trying to (no offense) have the biggest dick around? Useable power may be a better pursuit if you actually want to not turn your tires into smoke all the time and just spin the car around in circles. The 2V GT engines are lighter, but take a bit more modifying to reach the same power output as their 4V counterparts, but are no slouch themselves when boosted and have forged internals. It really depends on just what you want.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I had a gt and now a cobra and trust me the just stock power is more than you can get with every bolt on on a 2v besides a blower.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
they do pretty good but the real bang for the buck is the 03/04 cobra by FAR

·
Registered
44 Posts
they do pretty good but the real bang for the buck is the 03/04 cobra by FAR
I had a gt and now a cobra and trust me the just stock power is more than you can get with every bolt on on a 2v besides a blower.
This is true. I as well had an 03 Cobra, and it was far superior to my current 00 GT and responded far better to upgrades with larger increases in power per upgrade. I'm just simply saying that to swap engines or to buy an entirely new car, versus just upgrading your 2V engine may be more costly when in the end, there is only a certain amount of power you're going to be able to "use" and the rest would just be wasted or only talked about for bragging rights. Ultimately though, it's up to the individual preferences of the owner.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Venomouz831 said:
That's y I'm looking at a cobra instead of upgrading the GT cuz just stock is more than I can accomplish with just basic GT bolt ons

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NoStangNewb said:
This is true. I as well had an 03 Cobra, and it was far superior to my current 00 GT and responded far better to upgrades with larger increases in power per upgrade. I'm just simply saying that to swap engines or to buy an entirely new car, versus just upgrading your 2V engine may be more costly when in the end, there is only a certain amount of power you're going to be able to "use" and the rest would just be wasted or only talked about for bragging rights. Ultimately though, it's up to the individual preferences of the owner.
I'm just looking at cobras because their better abilities to respond to basic bolt ons over the GT. I wouldnt go power crazy just enough to where I wld be satisfied and able to put it to the ground. Also there is the joy of it being a cobra. But I'm just considering at the moment, I might decide to just stay with the GT.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm just looking at cobras because their better abilities to respond to basic bolt ons over the GT. I wouldnt go power crazy just enough to where I wld be satisfied and able to put it to the ground. Also there is the joy of it being a cobra. But I'm just considering at the moment, I might decide to just stay with the GT.
I would say go with the cobra because of the forged internals. It can withstand more power without it breaking the internals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts