654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 GT manual

All stock for now but will add the following hopefully next week:
C&L cai
Pypes OR x pipe
Pypes violator axle back
Sct x3 eventually

I wanna put everything on without the tuner and drive it for a while and then see how much of a difference the sct will make. What do y'all think HP wise?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have a 2010 GT manual

All stock for now but will add the following hopefully next week:
C&L cai
Pypes OR x pipe
Pypes violator axle back
Sct x3 eventually

I wanna put everything on without the tuner and drive it for a while and then see how much of a difference the sct will make. What do y'all think HP wise?
I would suspect you would need a tune (SCT device as well) for the CAI.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have to have a tune to put a cai on it haha? Damn im not used to these new stangs!
There might be some that claim they don't need one, but then those won't provide any benefit over a stock airbox... So no point. At least on 2011+. Maybe it's different on 2010 but I would think you would.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There might be some that claim they don't need one, but then those won't provide any benefit over a stock airbox... So no point. At least on 2011+. Maybe it's different on 2010 but I would think you would.
Cool thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Awesome. So I should have everything installed then tune?
Well just that if you get a tune, and it isn't written for all those parts, and you add more, you will have to get the tune rewritten. If it is some place that does free tunes for life, then no worries.

Also, you would want the tune to run the o/r X or you'll throw error codes. Not that you can't drive the car or anything, just that you will always have the error code on your dash unless you clear it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Awesome. So I should have everything installed then tune?
I would have the tune written for the stuff you buy, install the tune first, then if no problems uploading the tune, install the hardware. That way if you get a bad tune file or some weird SCT error, you don't have to uninstall everything that depends on the tune (like the CAI).

But I wouldn't drive it with an aftermarket CAI and not have the tune loaded. Air / fuel would be messed up and it might cause problems.

A million opinions are out there on tunes. I like bama as it is "safe" (not on the edge of the engines capabilities) and free tunes for life. But do some homework based on what you want to do with the car and make a decision that way.

Good luck.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok. Well I'll just see I might just do the OR x pipe and axle back until I buy the $150 tunes w/ free tunes for life from bama and wait for the cai till I get my tunes made.

I have been hearing good things about the hybrid 93 tune.!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts