Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much horsepower I would gain from a port/polish, and P&N intake, and a 207 cam.... I was planning this for next summer, and it's a nice chunk of change.. just wanna make sure I'm getting what I'm paying for.... or would it be better to save for something else?.... I know I want to get 8.8'' rear end with trak-lok and 3.73 gears. I'll need a chip at the same time as the gears... so that's an additional $400.... maybe this is a two summer project?.. would it be best to get the rear end and gears and chip first? I'll have to get a new chip when the P&P is done... or no? Also, does anyone know of a vehicle that has an 8.8'' rear end with 3.73 gears and trak-lok that'll fit a Mustang?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
old t-bird turbocoupes had 8.8s with 3.73's in them already. What I would do is get the gears and chip now and then when you think you're done you can get the chip burnt one last time. You don't need a new chip after every mod. I would say after gears, a new cam/heads/intake setup, and if you stroke it would be the only N/A mods for a new tune. if you supercharge or use N02, then you definately need a chip.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much of increase in HP are we talking?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
jimmy_beaner said:
how much of increase in HP are we talking?
For which mods?

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have dual exhaust... read my post, I said nothing about dual exaust

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
D'OH!!! :banghead: I thought I was posting in a different post. I guess that's what happens when you're a super mods with more than one window open. My bad.....

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's ok,... just wondering why you were saying I should get dual dual exhaust.. but yeah

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Anyways, sorry bout that, but you'd pick up about 30~40 hp with that cam, intakes, and head swap. Possibly more. People claim more, but I wanna see the proof and physically be there when it happens. You'd be around 230hp or so. When it comes to hp, ALWAYS be a critic or skeptical. It's not as easy to come by as most people think.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well how much would I be at already? I've got dual exhaust, 2.5'' tubing, Magnapacks, K&N air filter, and CAI on the way.... that's about all for making me fast... :(, so how much would I be at with the CAI and the dual exhaust?

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll make it easier, I want to get to be near what the speed of a stock GT is.... so would the P&P heads, with P&N intake, with CAI, duals, 8.8'' rear end w/ 3.73 gears and t-lok, also UD pullies.... would I be pulling close to what a stock GT is? (also shift kit)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
jimmy_beaner said:
I'll make it easier, I want to get to be near what the speed of a stock GT is.... so would the P&P heads, with P&N intake, with CAI, duals, 8.8'' rear end w/ 3.73 gears and t-lok, also UD pullies.... would I be pulling close to what a stock GT is? (also shift kit)
Well I'd say you have about 205hp with is about 165 to the wheels. If you had all that stuff you've listed, I would say you'd be very close to the speed of a GT. You're slightly lighter by about 200lbs so that's in your favor. What's a P&N intake btw?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
with a 99 up and bolt ons along with pp heads/intakes and a nice cam set up you can see 230-250rwhp and tq with a 4.2 ALOT MORE nearly 290rwhp and tq I would say. if you have a automatic..... lower numbers..... Ill let you know as soon as i get my stuff installed :) may be a bit though :(

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
97Stallion said:
Well I'd say you have about 205hp with is about 165 to the wheels. If you had all that stuff you've listed, I would say you'd be very close to the speed of a GT. You're slightly lighter by about 200lbs so that's in your favor. What's a P&N intake btw?
I agree with most of the numbers here. with a small cam and stage 2 intakes actually you will be closer to 150 Hp or 190RWHp and stage 3 165-170 or 205 -210 RWHP. Wit the new Big Valve heads from RPM, RGR, EE or any other companies 220-230hp or 190-210 RWHP may be obtained. Once I get my RPM Big Valve heads on I will post my numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
I agree with most of the numbers here. with a small cam and stage 2 intakes actually you will be closer to 150 Hp or 190RWHp and stage 3 165-170 or 205 -210 RWHP. Wit the new Big Valve heads from RPM, RGR, EE or any other companies 220-230hp or 190-210 RWHP may be obtained. Once I get my RPM Big Valve heads on I will post my numbers.
What size valves are you getting? 1.84 intake/1.5 exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
I believe they are 1.86 / 1.5. I already have them in my garage and I need to get them installed like soon Dammittohell:banghead: :hammer:
yeah you do, is that the only thing you're changing?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
BV Heads/ Harland 1.73 Adj RR's, the new BV lower intake with a mirror polish and my aluminum drive shaft. Thats all BY GOD !!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
BV Heads/ Harland 1.73 Adj RR's, the new BV lower intake with a mirror polish and my aluminum drive shaft. Thats all BY GOD !!!!!
A BV lower intake? How does that work?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
The BV lower intake is square ported matched to the square ported heads instead of round and the runnner have far more material removed than my stage 3 lower. This will have tremendous flow advantage with the BV heads

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
will this mod, plus 3.73 rear end with the 8.8'' and trac-lok make me able to compete with a GT? Just compete... in the same ball park. Also throw in a shift kit

1 - 20 of 26 Posts