Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i have an 05 4.0 with a k&N cai, and a single borla axle back exhaust. I wanted some advice on how to get more horse power without breaking the bank lol. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Yep. Tuner will eat most of that up, or gears will eat all that up if you pay to have them done (at least in my experience). HP is not cheap.

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
Tuner. Then later on do gears.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@jkeaton do you have a part number, or can you get me the link to the one you have please. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Before buying anything to increase HP, I picked up x4 first. Very handy across the board. You'll be into an x4 for 400, that would leave you a couple hundred to grab a throttle body, plenum, or something like that as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks to everyone, if you guys have any other ideas feel free to post them on here. Thanks again.
Tuner is a nice start, the new tuner always you to do a datalog easier. I have the old x3 tuner from American muscle. You have to take a laptop with you to record it. The new x4 allows you to just use the device. Basically you can record your engine preformance with the tune that you bought. Then you send that data to bama that you bought the tune from and they will customize it to your specific engine. Doing that really improved my engine preformance with the mods I have installed on mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would consider the pypes mid muffler true duel cat back system. Combined with your cai i would think you would be happy. They are not to pricey, they sound great and are supposed to add like 20 ft lb of torque. Gears are a great low cost option to if you can find a good installer.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am still starting to really buy parts. I have a 2009 v6 mustang with a k&n cold air intake with a sr throttle body spacer and fords 3.73 gears 8.8 i am currently waiting till tax return so i can get true daul mid x pipes pypes exhaust and bama tuner then install my gears then. I will make a video before and after the install. My next install will be xcharger xtreme.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That should be a nice build but if your car is a manual trans and your sure about adding the x-charger I would reconsider the 3:73 for a 3:55 or you won't have much of a first gear.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
I am still starting to really buy parts. I have a 2009 v6 mustang with a k&n cold air intake with a sr throttle body spacer and fords 3.73 gears 8.8 i am currently waiting till tax return so i can get true daul mid x pipes pypes exhaust and bama tuner then install my gears then. I will make a video before and after the install. My next install will be xcharger xtreme.
CAI and TB spacer really don't add much except sound and looks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Agreed. Ditch the tb spacer. Without it I think k&n says something like5-7 hp on stock exhaust.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts