Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 GT auto, replacing RF wheel hub assembly. Is there anything in general I need to know?

My biggest question: do you have to replace the 36mm nut? They could not tell me at the parts store. My new hub did not come with one, so I'm assuming I can reuse the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
812 Posts
you can reuse it. I had a heck of a time trying to get 250 ft. lbs. of torque on that 36mm nut with a 18" 3/4 Torque Wrench. That was the hardest part of the job.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
The repair manual says that they must be replaced when they are removed.
They aren't very expensive, and it is cheap insurance against a wheel falling off of the car and hurting somebody.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm surely not saying the manual doesn't say that. I'm stating from my experience changing both front hub assemblies on the 04 I use to have. I reused them with no issues at all. If you're concerned about them coming loose throw some locktite on it.
I highly doubt they'll come loose with 250 - 310 ft. lbs. of torque. Can't remember if those numbers are totally accurate but it's in the general area. Now if I'd of read what you said was in the manual....I'd of probably bought new nuts at the time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a shop replace my LF (I supplied parts) and it was never mentioned. I'm betting my old one was reused.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts