Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the turbo completely hooked up on my car today and went to start it!!!! Turns out that a little moisture got in the motor from leaving the intake off for a couple of days and it is completely locked up... :-( so in two weeks I will be ordering a 450hp complete forged 347 plus I will put 15+ lb's of boost to it :) it just sucks that I have to take it all apart and start over

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Just make sure the water is out, spray some lubricating penetrant into the cylinders, let it set and work for awhile, leave the plugs out, pull it down the road with another vehicle, put it in gear and pop the clutch out a few times.
I've had this work on vehicles that have set for several years and yours hasn't been setting there long has it?

P.S. If you are buying a new engine that will be boosted to 15 psi, make sure you get a Boss or other aftermarket 4-bolt main block.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is a automatic and I'm goin to rebuild the motor for my notch back...and no my car hasnt been sitting very long it's only been like 3 months. I'm just goin to pull it out I don't want to take any chances

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Mine is a automatic and I'm goin to rebuild the motor for my notch back...and no my car hasnt been sitting very long it's only been like 3 months. I'm just goin to pull it out I don't want to take any chances
Your choice of course, but I doubt it is stuck very hard from no longer than that. Luck :good:

·
Banned
278 Posts
I don't know I didn't build the motor. But at we talking moisture or is there water in the oil. Now if the motor sat out in the rain for a month but engines but default are totaled sealed and if moisture was the cause then we would all have the same problem . And what do u mean by locked not not trying to be a sob

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I don't know I didn't build the motor. But at we talking moisture or is there water in the oil. Now if the motor sat out in the rain for a month but engines but default are totaled sealed and if moisture was the cause then we would all have the same problem . And what do u mean by locked not not trying to be a sob
Read his first post.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tbonestang said:
It was sitting out there with no hood and no upper and lower intake for a while...and by locked up I mean it won't turn over...I also put a ratchet on the crank with a 5 foot jack handle for a breaker bar and it wouldn't budge

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Z06 eater said:
It was sitting out there with no hood and no upper and lower intake for a while...and by locked up I mean it won't turn over...I also put a ratchet on the crank with a 5 foot jack handle for a breaker bar and it wouldn't budge
yeah that is pretty bad.but hey you never know,it would still be worth putting some lubricant in there.even some wd40.if you can get it to turn over you could always get it running as long as its not to far taken apart.from there listen for valve train clatter,knocks etc.then maybe do a compression test and see what kinda shape it still may be in.if you still dont want to use it and it runs you may get more money on a sell or trade than you would as scrap. just my thoughts.:)

·
Banned
278 Posts
Sorry iPhone sux Dam auto correct but if it sat with no hood do at the other guy said take plugs and pour oil into the cylinder let it sit for a say or two or just pull the heads hone the cylyders and replace the rings as long as there not pitted u should be good to go

1 - 16 of 16 Posts