Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one is better, the regular competition plus, or the billet competition plus? Im looking into getting one after selling my CAI from my old v6 and i cant decide which one i should go with.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BCS06GT said:
Thanks for actually answering his question.....

From what I hear, the billet is the better option. But what do I know I run a MGW...
Yeah thats what i thought. I wasnt sure if one is stiffer than the other or anything like that. The only difference i could see was the price, whats it's made of, and the billet says 30% reduction when the regular one says 40% reduction.

·
Banned
510 Posts
C_Dailey95 said:
Yeah thats what i thought. I wasnt sure if one is stiffer than the other or anything like that. The only difference i could see was the price, whats it's made of, and the billet says 30% reduction when the regular one says 40% reduction.
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the regular one is OE on the Shelby GT. Hurst makes a great shifter, and they look great. And they've been around forever. I know shifters are really hard to buy because its really a tactile sort of thing. And obviously you can't feel it over the computer lol. If you plan on going to the track, or just like to bang gears, the pro 5.0 is wicked smooth and it's IMPOSSIBLE to miss 3rd. It's a little stiff getting in to 5th and R for a couple weeks but it loosens up. You can use any knob, I have a pistol grip (first love was Mopar). It also has adjustable stops as a safeguard against over engaging yours trans. The customer service is also world class. Pro 5.0 does not get the attention they deserve with the S197s. Top notch product

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.