Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Really? Bummer, I just submitted for a hybrid. I really like the performance tune. The regular race tune didn't feel any better. Felt like thick paste down low and then would just wind right up to redline. I feel a smoother "punch" with the performance tune.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I jus got 3.73s installed so maybe that's distorting it. ha my car jus got towed. I was so excited to drive it n I drove it a few miles and parked at an apartment complex n got towed. I'm so pissed

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I jus got 3.73s installed so maybe that's distorting it. ha my car jus got towed. I was so excited to drive it n I drove it a few miles and parked at an apartment complex n got towed. I'm so pissed
Naw it should allow you to feel it more with 3.73's I would think. Damn!! just NOW?! That sucks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Maybe it's just me but with the hybrid tune I felt like I got a little more initial oooomphhh when I hit the go pedal, but to me all the tunes really wake up the car so I don't know. How you liking those 3.73's I got mine in but haven't had them installed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am the same way. I was not impressed with the hybrid tune; I was impressed with the 3.73's though, I think I cried a little. I run the performance tune, I have not run the race tune though.

The only thing I like about hybrid is it does not feel as aggressive and I can hear my STEEDA cold air intake. But I didnt feel much of a difference.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe it's just me but with the hybrid tune I felt like I got a little more initial oooomphhh when I hit the go pedal, but to me all the tunes really wake up the car so I don't know. How you liking those 3.73's I got mine in but haven't had them installed.
I love them bro. finally got my 0-60 to 4.7 sec:) well worth the money!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Love the hybrid.

Considering it is a combo of the race and street tunes I don't see what there isn't to like. I haven't tried just the race tune but am will tell you it isn't as good in the low rpms as the hybrid and the low rpms stink in the first place. I don't always floor it but I drive around town and I love the lower range the street and hybrid tunes offer. Ad then when I do get in it I have the upper range if the race.

I noticed a huge jump from the street and hybrid. Didn't try the performance or race (since I was getting the hybrid I didn't feel the need for the race).

I was stoked with just the 87s before I jumped to the 93h and then I was like : this is awesome.

I am getting slightly better mpgs. A little over 1.3 better. It was costing 14cents per mile and now I am spending basically a penny more to drive the hybrid tune in 93.
So $100 more every 10k I drive. Not too bad of a difference at all.

To each their own but any tune is a 100% improvement over stock.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.