Mustang Evolution Forum banner

hybrid tune vs. race tune

5K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  Oh2freshstang 
#1 ·
I'm running a hybrid tune replacing my race tune. am I suppose to be noticing a significant difference? cause I don't notice one?

#3 ·
Really? Bummer, I just submitted for a hybrid. I really like the performance tune. The regular race tune didn't feel any better. Felt like thick paste down low and then would just wind right up to redline. I feel a smoother "punch" with the performance tune.

#9 ·
I am the same way. I was not impressed with the hybrid tune; I was impressed with the 3.73's though, I think I cried a little. I run the performance tune, I have not run the race tune though.

The only thing I like about hybrid is it does not feel as aggressive and I can hear my STEEDA cold air intake. But I didnt feel much of a difference.

#30 · (Edited)
I am the same way. I was not impressed with the hybrid tune; I was impressed with the 3.73's though, I think I cried a little. I run the performance tune, I have not run the race tune though.

The only thing I like about hybrid is it does not feel as aggressive and I can hear my STEEDA cold air intake. But I didnt feel much of a difference.
The hybrid tune is freaking awesome and by far in my opinion the best tune. The hybrid tune is the most aggressive tune that AM makes even more aggressive than the race. Love that hybrid

#20 ·
Love the hybrid.

Considering it is a combo of the race and street tunes I don't see what there isn't to like. I haven't tried just the race tune but am will tell you it isn't as good in the low rpms as the hybrid and the low rpms stink in the first place. I don't always floor it but I drive around town and I love the lower range the street and hybrid tunes offer. Ad then when I do get in it I have the upper range if the race.

I noticed a huge jump from the street and hybrid. Didn't try the performance or race (since I was getting the hybrid I didn't feel the need for the race).

I was stoked with just the 87s before I jumped to the 93h and then I was like : this is awesome.

I am getting slightly better mpgs. A little over 1.3 better. It was costing 14cents per mile and now I am spending basically a penny more to drive the hybrid tune in 93.
So $100 more every 10k I drive. Not too bad of a difference at all.

To each their own but any tune is a 100% improvement over stock.

#36 ·
The race is the only tune I haven't tried yet. I switched to the 93p as I have it go lass emissions next week and I already miss the hybrid. Definitely a huge difference in the low rpms and overall aggressiveness. I can say this tune may be the best one for long highway trips.

After logging 1200 miles my cost per mile only went up a penny. So to get an awesome aggressive tune and having the mist bang for my buck ill spend an extra 100 bucks every 10k miles.

#37 ·
The race is the only tune I haven't tried yet. I switched to the 93p as I have it go lass emissions next week and I already miss the hybrid. Definitely a huge difference in the low rpms and overall aggressiveness. I can say this tune may be the best one for long highway trips.

After logging 1200 miles my cost per mile only went up a penny. So to get an awesome aggressive tune and having the mist bang for my buck ill spend an extra 100 bucks every 10k miles.
I still gotta get my hybrid tune, I'm running the race right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.