Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
I think you'd be able to feel the clutch better with a cable setup. I think that would be better at the track. On the other hand, would the hydraulic clutch operate more consistantly? Hmmm

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, a lot of people say that. That the cable is more reliable. Is it really THAT inconsistent?

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
My personal preference is a mechanical clutch. But I think it all comes down to what you're looking for. My stang is a DD that I regularly see stop and go traffic. It's quite a bit more work with a mechanical clutch but it never bothers me.
A hydraulic will be far easier to function so I'd assume speed shifting would be faster maybe more consistent..?
But for me I'm stayin mechanical.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

deadsp0t said:
Cables for me-
+5.0 :)

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Slave cylinders live inside the bell generally and my ranger had one fail a couple months after being replaced.. Talking about the same cash to change the slave cylinder as to change the clutch.. F that.. On a stock height car I have changed the cable in the ground(no jack).

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
I adjust my cable (no firewall adjuster) off the fork with no jack :)
And yeah when a hydraulic setup starts pissin from the slave cylinder or anywhere else it's a pain!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks guys i have a firewall adjustable cable sometimes it just feels rough. And will getting an aluminum driveshaft get rid of this(sometimes when I let off the gas the car kind of jumps a little)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts