Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hype??

i was just wondering if anybody has gained 20,30+ or ? from products from "rpm outlet" they are claiming 28 hp from pullies and diablo sport flash tuner! and claiming 36hp from a 70mm throttle body a spacer and mac cai supposedly these are "dyno tuned power options" is this true??is this rwhp? it all sounds good! (my car is factory stock besides a magnaflow muffller and air silencer removed) is it worth it?any ideas? please help i dont wanna make a mistake and waste time or money...thanks..... :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
They are full of crap. rpmoutlet is a decent company that spews the manufactures claims and add them together to come with their advertised claims. But it is not just them most retail establishments do the same thing so I would not single them out. A pulley and a chip will not give you nearly 30 HP Hell it might give you half that especially a mail order Diablo chip. A CAI will give you 5 to 8 HP without the T/B spacer. I dynoed my T/B spacer on and off and gained nothing, many other people have to and gained nothing. I could not tell you if it is Bhp ot RWHP either way it is bogus. Pullies and CAI are not a waste of money but at the same time you have to realize their benefits and not the bullcrap.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The only way to get near those gains off of pulleys and a chip is to beef up the engine other ways. Such as a blower or such. With something like that on the engine, you might get somewhere around that off of pulley or something

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
i dunno what others have read but i have seen numourous links against rpm outlet, people not recieving parts, getting wrong parts, bad customer service etc so i probably would be careful on dealing with them. Dont mean to scare you away from them they might be a good site, just giving you a heads up on what ive learned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts