Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the mach 460 sounds good, but i want to upgrade with out tearing everything out and spending a whole buncha money.....I was wondering if there is a diagram of how the amps run each speaker, if its possible to replace the speakers with any kind, and the wiring diagram if someone has it.
Thank you in advance

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I am still looking for something to help you out on this. i dont have the mach 460 so I cant tell you off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for looking, I don't have a clue where to start looking.mabye crutchfield might be able to tell me something? ill check there.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coupe. It dosen't specify at crutchfield about anything special. :-? so i guess it just plugs in like any other speaker?

·
Registered
250 Posts
well, no. It's designed by bitches from hell. You can't just pull and plug. The tweeters/mids and the mid/woofers are getting seperate signals. You will have to rewire and probably want to just pull everything out and start from scratch. It's what I'm doing. But you said you really don't want to so basically you need to pull out the mach amps, reroute some of the exisiting wire from a new amp, and then throw in a component system. Check out Infinity, JBL, JL, Kicker and polk.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
What I would do is yank out all the amps and get you a headunit and use the harness to give the headunit power but run your own speaker wires to the speaker. Get what I am saying?

Or new headunit and get a amp to power your speakers and run the speaker cable from amp to new speakers

·
Registered
250 Posts
it's about 200-250 for a good install. new amp, 4 new sets of speakers. run brand new wire.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info....anyone by anychance know how much to add on to the system to make it the mach 1000?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
to upgrade the mach460, you have to tear it all out. i was told this by 3 different car audio places. adding a sub is easy, but upgradign speakers and all that is hell.

to upgrade to mach 1000, you need new headunit, the subs, the amps, basically like going from stock system to mach 460. its totally different.

·
Registered
250 Posts
you don't have to rip it all out, it's just easier than trying to reuse what's allready in place.

·
Registered
250 Posts
and in the process send me money. Sending me money always helps.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the information, I might just add a sub, i ran across how to do that at mustangwolrd.com. THanks again!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts