Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I beat a C5 corvette.... I was so freakin excited i didnt know what to do. ::story:: Me and my friend were coming back from jasper, and a blue C5 pulled up beside me, :wtf2: i thought he was just messing with me because i even thought that he would win. Knowing me i will race anything (just like my race with the xterra last week) What the heck... I stuck it in 3rd runnin about 70, he punched it and then i did which meant he had somewhat of a jump on me. I pulled ahead of him and started gainin more ground each second. I shifted into 4th :drive: and he got just a little on me but then i was already pulling away again. Once i hit 120 he shut down and then i did.... He never left more than 4 or 5 feet behind me... but still I BEAT A C5 :banana: :headbang:

>>>>>> I will be making another sn soonnnnnn.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
even with that... unless its a 5.0 with mods he dont stand a chance..... however with a nice set of AFR heads, intakes, gears, what nots it wouldnt be to hard to run 11s in a 5.0 at least for a fox.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres the mods: NGK plugs/plug wires, NGK filter,Throttle body, Upper intake, Flo-tech X-pipe, Borla side exhaust, Steeda Tri-ax short throw shifter, 3.73's, rebuilt rearend, aluminum driveshaft. I believe that is all the engine mods... ummm i know i left out something. :uhh:

Yes it is a GT btw.

·
Registered
65 Posts
street racing is stupid and dangerous.

·
Registered
65 Posts
sorry, but i just don't see putting innocent people at risk as being ok.

·
Registered
65 Posts
232stang said:
racing at the track is dangerous too, every thing is dangerous
at the track you have emergancy personnel ready for anything, and controlled conditions. the track is constantly monitered to make sure that it is as safe as possible.

how can you possibly compare the track to racing on the street? do i need to own you in another argument?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
chips said:
at the track you have emergancy personnel ready for anything, and controlled conditions. the track is constantly monitered to make sure that it is as safe as possible.

how can you possibly compare the track to racing on the street? do i need to own you in another argument?
you have not owned me at all
the track is ****ing gay you get one or two runs you dont pick who u run witha and you have to pay :thumbdown:
wow the paramedics are there if you crash and die they arent gonna be able to do jack ****

·
Registered
65 Posts
232stang said:
you have not owned me at all
the track is ****ing gay you get one or two runs you dont pick who u run witha and you have to pay :thumbdown:
wow the paramedics are there if you crash and die they arent gonna be able to do jack ****
:yank:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
street racing:

The numbers don’t lie. Street racing is growing in popularity, and so is the death count.

In 2001, the number of fatal crashes as a result of street racing increased 87% according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

http://www.partsamerica.com/MotorsportsRaceTrackProgram.asp

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/stats.html

For teens, risk taking is common. And sometimes it can be deadly. An estimated 3,500 teenagers will lose their lives in fatal cars accidents this year, and 39 percent of these deaths are due to speeding.
http://www.connectingwithkids.com/tipsheet/2004/201_nov3/rac.html

yeah, it's just as safe to race and drive at unsafe speeds on public roads as it is to do the same on the track :uhh:

I have seen policemen cry at the memory of high-speed death and I have felt the curious, G-force effect of nitrous oxide on a Corvette's 400-hp engine. The message mounted below that car-racer's stick shift had read: "You only die once!" I'd laughed then. But late one Saturday night last fall, just a few blocks south of Richmond's Continental Square mall, I realized the message could apply to me.
http://www.vanmag.com/0204/speed.html

at the track:

San Diego Police Chief William Landsdowne said, "We had 14 deaths and 31 serious injuries due to street racing in 2002. This year, thanks to this program that teaches people about where to race their cars, we've had no deaths and only four injuries. It's a 98 percent reduction in street racing in the city of San Diego."
http://njlawman.com/Articles 2/Drag Racing.htm

now 232, this is very interesting... in San Diego, there were no deaths after programs were started that brought street racing to the track. how can you explain this when you say that racing at the track is just as dangerous?

the following link shows the NHRA rules and regulations - most of which are in place to keep racers safe...

http://www.racewaypark.com/main/rules.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: 232 owned! don't think i didn't see you looking at this thread under the "who's online" section for 10 minutes trying to think of a response before you logged off :pancake:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
with those mods you are looking at low 14s high 13s maybe... not enough for a c5 but the driver makes all the difference.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
hey lets keep this on topic guys, after I say Street racing is stupid, at the track (here) you do pick who you run with, also u can race as fast as you can get back in line. i have to go with chips on that one ;)

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
it also depends what the c5 had in it, if it was a convertible with an auto u might have had a jump on him when he tried to down shift...

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
oaktonarcher said:
it also depends what the c5 had in it, if it was a convertible with an auto u might have had a jump on him when he tried to down shift...
they make a C5 vert?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts