Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow svt lovers, i just traded my 94 GT for this 97 SVT. So far i LOVE the car there is a HUUGE power difference.
But when im driving i can feel and hear something spinning real fast under my short shifter. I was just wondering if it's common with these cars or is there something wrong? It also makes kind of like a supercharger whining but there is no supercharger in the car, it happens when im on 3-4 gear and its only when i lightly step on the gas. If i gas it a little harder the noise goes away. Also the owner told me i might have to shim something but he wasnt real clear on it. Any ideas?
Oh yea its a 32V Cobra if that helps any? With the stock tranny

·
Registered
19 Posts
Could be flywheel chatter, which would cause your problem. If that's the case, dropping the trans and resurfacing your flywheel would be the answer. Do yourself a favor, replace the throw out bearing while your there, and if money isn't an issue, may as well do clutch as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Could be flywheel chatter, which would cause your problem. If that's the case, dropping the trans and resurfacing your flywheel would be the answer. Do yourself a favor, replace the throw out bearing while your there, and if money isn't an issue, may as well do clutch as well. Good luck!
This sounds about right. Center force clutch?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: I thought it was trans giving me that chatter,I found the problem when I took her to get the differential clutches rebuilt. Turns out the carrier was cracked and had a broken pin holding the axles. I hurt so bad that I did a whole rear end rebuild
Ford Racing:
31 spline 8.8 posi Trac lok
3:73 gears
31 spline Aluminum driveshaft
And moser 31 spline axles.

No more chatter but I do need a new trans. Just my luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts