Mustang Evolution Forum banner

I did something impulsive tonight!

4K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Boss_302 
#1 ·
I drove by a Ford dealer today and they had a nice clean 2012 Boss 302 with 7500 miles on it and I just had to drive it. Once I drove it there was no way I could give it back so I said a prayer and said if the finance manager can make it happen I'll take that as a sign from above or below and now I have a 3rd Mustang. View attachment 171473 View attachment 171474

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#4 ·
Nice ride I;m sure but the links don't work? Pic's?

#9 ·
You only live once.... It really wasn't that bad paid 34k people pay more than that for SUV's this was my dream car when it came out and they were selling over sticker and I couldn't afford it there was no way I could walk away from this car. May have to skip a few meals but oh well it's worth it. This car is everything I expected and more! It's Great I love the track key function and it is STRONG and it's normally aspirated which is what I like.

#11 ·
Nice ride...Let the mod's begin

#13 ·
Hi Dave

If you look under my garage you will see my Boss 302 that I sold to get this Roush RS3.
The Boss was just like yours and I did a whole bunch to it such as: C&L Cold Air Intake, Special wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, Boss performance lowering springs, Ford Racing Gauge Pack, MRT hood strut kit, MGW short throw shifter, MRT front splitter, MRT rear window louvers, Engine oil seperator, Dyno tuned, etc...These are just a few suggestions. I gained a bunch of power and won a bunch of awards... If you have any questions about any of these or other things let me know.....I loved the Boss but wanted a few things like supercharger, leather, power seats, Blue tooth, etc. that is why I sold it.....
Later, Scotty

#14 ·
Thanks I'll keep that in mind funny thing is the guy who traded this one in got a roush stage 3. It's super clean looks brand new 7500 miles. I wanted one of these cars so bad back in 2012 and couldn't get one and so right now I'm still kinda ecstatic that's it's finally sitting in my garage. I was hoping to get it for a little less money but oh well. I'm sure once the novelty wears off a little I'll be getting the itch to do some mods so I'll be looking! But in just happy to have somewhat of a "special" car rather than a garden variety GT

#16 ·
Great buy, and great looking ride you got, I'm jealous.

#25 ·
Damn for $34k? Out the door? That is a real good deal either way. 12s are nicer than 13s too IMO.

#30 ·
Thanks! I'm enjoying the car very much. It's ALOT of fun to drive! The handling is very impressive and the car begs to be driven hard. Motor winds up quick and side exhaust sounds great! Now I just can't wait until Spring

#31 · (Edited)
Honestly with the prices the boss is hitting now... seen them go for under $30k. That's what ppl are still trying to sell 07-09 GT500s for. As an overall vehicle its not even close. Although i have also seen 2010 GT500s go in this $34/35k range so... good time to buy these special edition cars. The fact that the used 11-14 GT market is flooded is also helping to drive the price down imo. Can't charge TOO much when a low mileage 5.0 can be had for $ 20k.

#32 · (Edited)
The Bosses that are under 30K have issues ( salvage title, higher mileage, wrecked, etc) it is true that the 07-09 GT 500's are going around 30-35k While I do think ALL GT 500's are nice cars I would rather have a boss than the 07-09 GT500 but that's just me. I do agree that the market is flooded right now and it is a great time to get a nice special edition car.

#33 · (Edited)
Agreed. Pretty sure they made close to the same number of 2007 GT500s (it's reintroduction year) alone than the 2012 and 2013 Boss model year production years combined. Something to be said for rarity. I blue booked my 2012 Boss before buying it in late 2013, it came out at $42k, I got it for $40k. Not a steal, but I was able to put half down on it from equity I had in my 2011 5.0 and a 19****ty9 Crapmaro sale. Those low prices sound too good to be true, but if you get a quality car of your dreams for those numbers, more power to you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.