Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guessed this topic belonged here, I dont know what happened, last night everything was working fine, and I get up the next morning and my CD player dosent work. I mean it works but, there is no sound coming out of my speakers, and it is running, when I press play it plays and I see the timer playing but I cannot hear ANYTHING, if I switch it to the radio my speakers work fine and dandy but when I wanna listen to the CD player, there is absoulutely no sound coming out even though it is playing.

Any help? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Get a CD cleaner disc and run that in the player. I had the same problem a couple of months ago. If dust or any other type of funk gets on the laser it cannot read the disc. Hence NO SOUND!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Try what Corey is saying...if that doesn't work, then you're out of luck, go out and buy ya a good cd player lol

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
Sounds like the internal amp went on to better places.

What cd player is it? I have seen quite a few pioneers do that

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Brent said:
Sounds like the internal amp went on to better places.

What cd player is it? I have seen quite a few pioneers do that
It's playing when he puts it on the radio. I was thinking the same thing until I read that part...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, its stock, I would get a Headunit but DAMN, money leaves my wallet faster then I drive. :( Will try the CD Cleaner though, thanks a bunch everyone!

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
ah ok i missed that part

Yea try the cd cleaner... if that doesnt work I dunno what to tell you other than go to a junkyard and get a replacement or splurge for a nice headunit

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
umm, sounds interesting... how much? :cool: lol I was actually really ghetto and used a Toro Grass Blower and I put it right in my CD player and just turned it on HOPING it would get dust out of there if there is any but it didnt, lol, yes I am a cheap bastard. :D

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Ibanezplayer272 said:
umm, sounds interesting... how much? :cool: lol I was actually really ghetto and used a Toro Grass Blower and I put it right in my CD player and just turned it on HOPING it would get dust out of there if there is any but it didnt, lol, yes I am a cheap bastard. :D

You are a ghetto bastard BY GOD. You probably actually helped the crud imbed further into the unit. The cleaner disc has little fine soft bristles that gently remove the dust from the laser eye. You just can blow it off.

I am believing you need a visit by BROTHER COREY TO HEAL YOU OF YOUR GHETTO WAYS!!!! BY GAWD!!! ;) ;) ;)

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
Ibanezplayer272 said:
I have heard it all lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts