Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been doing this for a while... When I turn and I'm at a stop while I steer my rpms drop.. Like the car is about to die. It fluctuates rpms when I'm at a stand still and steer.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
My car has been doing this for a while... When I turn and I'm at a stop while I steer my rpms drop.. Like the car is about to die. It fluctuates rpms when I'm at a stand still and steer.
Usually they should go up just a little. Since it takes a little to power the pump. Hmm. This is interesting.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
It's just the drag on the engine from the PS pump.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Is this bad?
No.In fact, Every car that I've ever driven with power steering does.

It just goes up and back down right? Not anything crazy.. Like go way up, or way down. It might jump it just a couple rpm then go back down.

Or if I was dishonest mechanic, I would say, yes.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
It goes down to like 500 rpms then back to normal rpms
That is completely normal.

While were on this topic how long has been it since you had the Power Steering fluid flushed? Or flushed it? It is just one of those forgotten fluids.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I may be over thinking things but I would double check your battery cable terminal connectors. Make sure everything has a clean connection from the cable copper strands to the terminal, to the battery posts.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
robb15033 said:
I may be over thinking things but I would double check your battery cable terminal connectors. Make sure everything has a clean connection from the cable copper strands to the terminal, to the battery posts.
I recently got a new battery. And terminals from cables were a little corroded

1 - 16 of 16 Posts