Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I Have another leak in my headlights, except this time I find a water puddle inside. I don't understand where to seal them. And it's stressing me out

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Venomouz831 said:
There's no place you see we're water can get in?
No where. Moisture got In last night. Never happend with these new ones. So I got it out and seal up a little spot that seamed to be the problem. Well tonight I got up and checked it and it looked like God got mad at me and flooded my damn lights. I'm about to just throw silicone all over it lol

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Usually you just seal them all the way around where the lens connects to the housing. Some aftermarket need an additional seal where the moldings meet up. Also, check the rubber seals around the lights themselves maybe?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Once again I Have another leak in my headlights, except this time I find a water puddle inside. I don't understand where to seal them. And it's stressing me out
Just give up man, even if the leak is smaller than you can see moisture will find a way in.

Only way to fix is OEM FORD headlamps !
Aftermarkets will leak no matter what

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry fellas. I GOT THIS

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Slow4V said:
Just give up man, even if the leak is smaller than you can see moisture will find a way in.

Lol I gave up last time and it's still biting me in the ass.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

+1 and a monkey could remove these headlights in under a minute haha, moisture occasionally get into mine, when it does, I pop it off, take a hair dryer to it through the bulb hole, pop it back in, all finished in under 10 minutes.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I had that problem a ton of my fox body with the aftermarket headlights I was buying. I always sealed around the entire headlight regardless of how good it looked and made sure I used black silicone so I could see exactly how thick it was going on. I never had any issues after that!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NJstanger said:
+1 and a monkey could remove these headlights in under a minute haha, moisture occasionally get into mine, when it does, I pop it off, take a hair dryer to it through the bulb hole, pop it back in, all finished in under 10 minutes.
Yea but ima need the sun to get this one fixed lol .I don't feel like doing that everytime it rains u know? I just want water to stay out so I don't get embarrest while I'm on a date like tonight -__-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts