Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try the WOT, if it still won't start, it's because the gas washed down the cylinder walls and loss compression, try either spraying WD-40 in the carb or prime it with 2 cycle mixed fuel about 1/30 (chainsaw/trimmer fuel)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Put the gas pedal to the floor and start cranking the key. You might have to crank it for awhile, but don't go TOO long (maybe 10-15 seconds tops). Don't be surprised if you get a backfire before it starts. This will help work the extra fuel out by pushing more air thru.

Personally, when dealing with a flooded, carbureated car, I like to keep my fire extinguisher close by, and the filter removed so the carb is open to the air, just in case it flames up thru the carb in the process. Not likely, but it happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blow air into the carb with the butterflys open, this will atomize the fuel and let it ignite quicker. I have done this on the side of the road many times back in the day. It always works.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you have a carb, the recommendation is to depress the pedal fully & crank until it starts (don't pump the pedal). If that fails, let it sit for an hour and try again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Usually I just let it sit for 20minc than try again. I also remove the air filter just in case fire comes.but letting it sits usually works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts