Mustang Evolution Forum banner

I got a question???

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  93slowstang 
#1 ·
This is a real dum question but im looking under my hood and standing there scratching my head?? Where is my tranny fluid dip stick???? So I cant check it/add some if nessesry.. Em I dum and cant find it or does it not exist? Lol

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Can***

#4 ·
no.younhave to jack the vehicle up.support it on jackstands.climb under the car and on the side of the transmission which would be about directly under you console there will be a pipe plug on then side of it.see pic.but most likely unless you are leaking or having trans trouble you are probably ok.but never hurts to check i guess.

Attachments

#9 ·
Make sure you don't remove the wrong "plug", or else you will have to remove the transmission and open it up to put everything back in place.
Happened to a friend of mine and we had to pull the transmission to fix it.
Don't remember exactly, but I think it is a bolt/plug a bit higher located than the actual fill/check plug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.