Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He said they checked my car out when I was there for service and it was a very low mileage 2012 Mustang that still looked like brand new.
He asked if I would consider trading in if I was offered a great deal.
I asked what my car would be worth on a trade in.
He said because of the condition and color ( RED CANDY) and low miles they would double the blue book value.
I asked if I got a discount and any incentives on the new Mustang.
The deal was only if I paid sticker price for the new car,
I said "THANKS FOR NOTHING" and hung up.
My car is just not for sale at any price. ( Well, maybe three million dollars)
Why would I sell something I enjoy so much????
I'm about to spend about $700.00 for the side window louvers from Silver Horse Racing that will be painted and installed. These fit flush and I really like them a lot.
Ronnie

PS: Spending $700.00 is way better then spending thousands on a new car I may not like as much as I love this one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
"Twice the KBB price" was just a (non) clever come on to get you into the business....and then they'd GIVE you the business once you got there. Is there enough ceiling in the MSRP of a 2017 to double your KBB listing? I seriously doubt it.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked at the blue book and it is $13,216 tops. which would be $26,432 if it was going to be a legit deal.
A new GT with automatic and premium would be at least $45,000 sticker
$45,000
$26,432
$18,568 difference ((( I DON"T THINK SO )))
I got to thinking that this dealer that called is not the dealer I use for my service. The dealer that called is about 50 miles from me.
I think Guard 5.0 is right. Get me over there and high pressure me and may or may not try to give me $15,000 for my 2012 MCA
This is why I only deal with Gary Yeoman Ford in Daytona Beach.
Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
You have to be a serious ****sucker when dealing with new car salesman. Till you find one you know and trust like Ronnie apparently has.

One reason I like Andrews/USAA/Navy Federal car buying services. All pre-negotiated you basically go in there with the paperwork and that is what you are paying out the door. Have heard of people having issues with pushy salesmen even after this but a quick middle finger and finding a manager fixes that issue since those car buying services are legally binding.

And yeah this was a setup 100%... get you in the door and then try the classic upsell. Way too many ppl get so upset by confrontation and this is where these guys make their bread and butter...

·
Registered
234 Posts
He said they checked my car out when I was there for service and it was a very low mileage 2012 Mustang that still looked like brand new.
He asked if I would consider trading in if I was offered a great deal.
I asked what my car would be worth on a trade in.
He said because of the condition and color ( RED CANDY) and low miles they would double the blue book value.
I asked if I got a discount and any incentives on the new Mustang.
The deal was only if I paid sticker price for the new car,
I said "THANKS FOR NOTHING" and hung up.
My car is just not for sale at any price. ( Well, maybe three million dollars)
Why would I sell something I enjoy so much????
I'm about to spend about $700.00 for the side window louvers from Silver Horse Racing that will be painted and installed. These fit flush and I really like them a lot.
Ronnie

PS: Spending $700.00 is way better then spending thousands on a new car I may not like as much as I love this one.
Guess they really did not want to get you business did they... Good move. Keep the S197. :thumb:

Show pics of the new side louvers! I have seen a few of those running around here look nice. Let us know about the install process, sound like a lot of work. Let us know if it is worth it. Good luck.

Nice Car!

·
Registered
274 Posts
My brother use to be a salesman at a Chevy/Cadillac dealer. They make these cold calls all of the time because they said about 80% of the time, the person gets hyped up to have a new car and even though they alter the deal when they arrive they'll ultimately still buy it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
idk if they actually said it or not but the key phrase is "up to" 2x blue value. Not unlike the "up to" 30 HP gain from a CAI. 2x KBB value even paying list would be a good deal and something I would consider.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a 407 phone number so that would mean about an hours or more drive one way down interstate 4 (AKA Florida's longest parking lot)
I'm an old guy so I learned a long time ago--- " If it sounds to good to be true = it ain't.
Ronnie

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sure I'll come in but first I'll need in writing from your manager the specific agreed upon value of my vehicle, 2x blue book.

A lot of dealers that do the 2x value or whatever often have a maximum value disclaimer and base their multiplier from the lowest value of the range for that specific year/model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts