Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my last autocross my friend and I (he drives a WRX) got killed. It was an .8 mile course and we got beat by over 6 seconds by a wrx Wagon. That thing wasn't right. My friend got to ride in it on one of the fun runs and he said it was disturbing how well it handled. It should have I guess since he had ultra lite rims, coilovers, upgraded brakes and R compound racing tires. Yeah, there's a reason we got beat.

It was still a hell of a lot of fun, and I beat my friend in his WRX by a half second... again.

·
Registered
941 Posts
hmmm, kinda takes the wind out of your sail from the autox you won. :)

AWD is awesome, but it's not everything.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah a little, but it's still so much fun.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your avatar got bigger... Nice.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
what exactly is autocross? I always think about rallys when you talk about it...

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
its cone racing pretty much... its a set up course that you race for lap times and such. check it out... www.scca.com

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the perfect quote for autocross is:
"Any idiot can drive fast in a straight line."

Autocross is generally a lot of tight corners, hairpins, and slaloms around ornage safety cones.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
awesome, so when you build a car for autocross, you work on suspension and drivetrain mostly?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, although, SCCA rules for our V6 cars make them nearly unwinable. If you change ANYTHING about your car, you are put in the class ESP which has the new cobra, the Firehawk, 5.0 mustangs, all with modifications legal. Thier rationale is that if you've modified a V6 mustang you probably swapped out a V8. That's retarded, so chose to run in STX because not too many people run that around here and the ones who do, I'm somewhat competitive with. It's more fun that way.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
why dont you make them look under the hood and count the cylinders?

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Horse said:
I think the perfect quote for autocross is:
"Any idiot can drive fast in a straight line."

Autocross is generally a lot of tight corners, hairpins, and slaloms around ornage safety cones.
Only problem with the quote is it is extremely antaganoistic.

Top Autocross people will not beat Top 1/4 mile people in a 'straight line'

Top 1/4 mile people will not beat Top Autocross people on their field.

They are different.

Autocross needs more suspension and handeling, but less HP and torque

1/4 mile people need more HP and torque and less suspension and handeling.

Some people like big power, some people like handling and agility.

They are different but equal

Can't we all just get along? :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
I ran on a twisty track at Texas World Speedway. It was fun, kind of like gocarts, except much... much... faster. On my 1st lap, I ended up in the grass field - taking a turn too fast. I don't think I'll be doing that again in my car though, because there you actually race WITH everyone - not just one car at a time. When in the pack, I was worried as hell that someone would run into me. I havn't gone to AutoX yet, I want to try it though.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
man I would never race my car with other cars on the track next to me. *shudder*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts