Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my New Edge. It was a good car, but just stopped being practical for me. I replaced it with a 2012 F150. Thanks to everyone who helped with my posts. I'll probably lurk around here but not as often as I used to.
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1482981296.974755.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1482981312.799837.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I miss my Mustang every day. All the time and effort I put into it is all gone. I'm glad you were able to get something on your own terms and get something nice. After my cams my car wasn't practical any more either. Sitting in traffic sucked when the car would rock forward under the power of the cams. I still miss it though. Excellent choice on the f150. I was looking for one as well but ended up back in a Mopar. Fully loaded 1500

Sent from my SM-G935T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I'll sell my bikes before I sell my Mustang!

Good looking truck. I need to get around to start looking for a good quad cab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
52 Posts
Beautiful F150! Hope you still have the '68 Cougar. I do see another Mustang in your future-impossible to live without one for very long. I too feel blessed to own a Boss and an F150. I never understood why people were so in love with their F150's until I owned one. I hug mine on a regular basis. You'll always be a member of the club as long as you are wearing a blue oval.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful F150! Hope you still have the '68 Cougar. I do see another Mustang in your future-impossible to live without one for very long. I too feel blessed to own a Boss and an F150. I never understood why people were so in love with their F150's until I owned one. I hug mine on a regular basis. You'll always be a member of the club as long as you are wearing a blue oval.

I still have the 68 Cougar, although it's for sale (for the right price). Too many irons in the fire.

I've always had a truck, now I have two! The 2.5 years I owned the Mustang I never quite got used to driving a car and often times wished I was in my truck. It was just unhandy.

Eventually- I might have another Pony ??

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Hey gotta do what makes sense. Is that a 5.0? Slap on a blower and you'll forget all about the 2v :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I too have a F250 power stroke turbo diesel and a few mustangs. I've been fortunate to be at the right place at the right time and was able to get a mustang for my wife (67 fastback stick car), 2000 GT for my son and 2001 GT for my daughter.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is a 5.0 ??

The more I drive it, the happier I am I made the trade!

And there is no way I'd ever have something other than a Ford brand... my wife had a Suzuki when we met and after being married a few months she upgraded to an Explorer ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I've had lots of Harley's of different model and age. Still have the first Harley I bought which is a 1950 FL that I will never sell. Have an old 85 F250 Diesel that I'm keeping till the wheels come off. We have the 14 Pony that we are extremely happy with till we wear it out. Glad your happy with your new truck, congratulations, maybe some day soon you will get another Mustang. Oh by the way don't sell the Cougar.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Well, you're always a member of the "club", regardless if yo sold the Mustang.

I traded my 2007 Ford F-150 (third F-150 in the 2004 to 2008 era), only because he had a big friggin diesel 2500 he no longer needed. At least the Ford is still in the family.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's the thing on the Cougar: I don't need it and if something would happen to it in the next 5-10+ years until I'm able to restore it, all I'd have left is a worthless chunk of metal. If I can get my money out of it and maybe make a buck or two, that's fine with me. Down the road I can buy another if I want to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Revvv, a Lightning or Harley Davidson F-150 would allow you to virtually have it both ways! My 2003 Sport at first glance looks like a Lightning, though it has the 4.6L rather than the 5.4L supercharged V8. With the Ford Racing lowering springs, Magnaflow exhaust, and K&N CAI this short bed really flies. When I get the Hotchkis adjustable sway bars on it should keep me well occupied to and from work until I can light up the Boss on the weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts