Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally (after 8 months) got pulled over for tinted windows today. JUST for tinted windows. And the cop rolls up beside me, stops (like 100 feet behind the stoplight with no cars in front of him), waits for me to go... And then pulls behind me and pulls me over. Then he tells me to get it taken off, get it written off, and then I can put it back on.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The inside of my tint got scratched up. So I needed to get it redone anyway. I'm just bitching because I don't want to show up in Indio (30+ miles from where I live) to deliver the paperwork at 7:30am.

That's just some bullshit. He even wrote on the ticket I wasn't speeding (40 in a 40). I had my seatbelt on. I rolled my windows down before they got out of their car. He just really was itching to write a ticket.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He wrote down the ticket as a "Traffic" violation. As opposed to "non-traffic" or "misdemeanor". What's up with that? Having tinted windows is a traffic violation? And it says he's from Indio. And the ticket happened in Palm Desert. Can cops write tickets out of their jurisdiction like that?

:wtf:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
In california... if you blatently disregard the law, any officer (particularly sherrifs) can issue a ticket. Besides, Palm Springs and Indio are still inteh same county are they not?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup. Same County... Riverside. But is tinted windows blatant disregard for the law? :wtf:

·
Registered
19 Posts
i really dont understand why tinted windows would be that big of a deal. i mean, i know it would help the cops safety... but if a person is going to attack a cop, they're going to have a gun, or whatever, ready by then. and i would deff. need some form of tint in cali... jeez.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
yeah tint laws are rediculous. Its retarded too cuz when u go to florida or hawaii or sunny places like that all the cops windows are tinted too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Laser02 said:
Yup. Same County... Riverside. But is tinted windows blatant disregard for the law? :wtf:
The window tint laws he got you on is in the CVC (California Vehicle Code) law. You know that little thing you signed when you got your license? The fine print basically says that you will abide by the CVC. So yup... it would be seen as blatant. Sucks I know... but they pull me over all the time for no front license plate. :oops:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
ZimStang said:
yeah tint laws are rediculous. Its retarded too cuz when u go to florida or hawaii or sunny places like that all the cops windows are tinted too :rolleyes:
tints are legal in fl.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
tinted windows is how we tell what cars are undercover cop cars. They think we wont notice a crown vic w/ blackout tint and a cb antenna as being a police car...

works for me I guess though. :rolleyes:

btw, what percent is ur tint? mine is 15%, and i havent had any trouble, even when I got pulled over for speeding (cuz the damn cop tailgated me in a pickup truck, but no ticket, so its ok).

·
11,873 Posts
My friend was pulled over with illegal mirror tint about a year ago... just wrote him a reckless driving ticket and went on his business bahahahahaha

I plan on getting 5-10% when i get my new stang... I hope its black :headbang:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had 10% on mine. I'm more calm now. I still think it's total bullshit though! I'm sure nobody knows what the streets are like here... But he pulled me over on the corner of Cook & Country Club... Which are both really busy streets. And the speed limit is 55mph/40mph. And probably hundreds of cars had to go around us in the 15 minutes it took him to write it. Him writing me a ticket for a tint was way more of a safety hazard than me having tint in the first place. :no:

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
:no: :no: :no: :no: ok 1, dark window tint is illegal here due to the officers cant see into your car and count how many people are in there. If they pull up on you and see 3-4 people they will call it, (i.e. Signal 48 on a red mustang, plate # **Frank ****, with occ x 2.) its to help them out and make it quick for the person. I have 5% on my car.
i really dont understand why tinted windows would be that big of a deal. i mean, i know it would help the cops safety... but if a person is going to attack a cop, they're going to have a gun, or whatever, ready by then. and i would deff. need some form of tint in cali... jeez.
well do they know that your a nice kid and dont have a gun under your leg?, I know that i am talkin to a wall when i talk about this, but dont worrie about this. if you get pulled over even if its for a headlight, no freak out and think they are there to get you. I know this is just for Indy but this is a good thing to read http://www6.indygov.org/ipd/media/other/trafstop.pdf

also cops have there cars tinted for #'s of reasons, like to keep people from lookin into there cars and all the stuff the have in them (guns, computers....) also to keep it cool in the summer and the sun off there computer.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had my windows up less than half way. They stopped next to my car. They could clearly see my head. And that I was the only occupant. I know it makes them safer, but that's really only when they approach the car. I had both of them down all the way before they even got out of their car. And my hands on the steering wheel. They definitely had nothing to fear from me. It seems all my encounters with the law go against me. And before you say stuff like "keep the car cool in the summer", come out to Palm Springs and enjoy some of our 120+* heat. :no:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts