Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you have heard or read... My dad and i have been looking for a mustang as my first car. I dont want you guys to make a decision based on my age because I am responsible enough to not go crazy with the cars. I have 2 options..

OPTION 1 - Within 2 weeks get a used 2006-09 v8 mustang and mod it as much as i want.

Or

OPTION 2 - wait til summer (or possibly october) to get a new 2013 mustang gt 5.0 no mods

Id like if you guys can put yourself in my place and give me your opinions on what would be better kn the longrun! Thankyou!

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,205 Posts
OPTION 2

I went around with my '11 5.0 for a year with zero mods and I was awestruck every time I drove it, looked at it and the '13 has the track apps which is the only other thing I really wish my '11 had.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OPTION 2

I went around with my '11 5.0 for a year with zero mods and I was awestruck every time I drove it, looked at it and the '13 has the track apps which is the only other thing I really wish my '11 had.
I agree im just so eager to start driving a stang :( in the long run i think waiting will be the better option

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I agree im just so eager to start driving a stang :( in the long run i think waiting will be the better option
welcome to life, you won't always get things you want right away. Waiting and getting what you want will make it all the better. Also make you more responsible.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Be patient I would definetly wait for the 5.0!!!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Definitely wait for the 5.0 it's gonna probably suck not being able to mod it, but its fine its gonna be your 1st car anyway and u should be thankful for it. I would probably suggest staying off ME and not getting bad influences from us :p lol. Who knows, if u play your cards right and work hard enough to be able to mod your new 5.0 and that speaks volumes and u will definitely appreciate your ride more knowing you worked hard to make it what it is even if its minor mods... U have to throw on a pair if axlebacks at least, that's what makes these cars sound like a Mustang

·
Registered
588 Posts
I definantly agree with every one else...if you buy the 4.6 and put all the basic boltons you can staying na you would be close to the stock power on the 5.0 so mods on the 5.0 arent needed right away and you will have a good platform to build on when the cars paid off.. IMHO go 5.0

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would go with a new 5.0.. Beleive it or not my buddy had a 4.6L 2008 with a vortech blower on it and its pretty damn fast... I took him for a ride in my stok 5.0 with my Roush axle backs and he couldnt believe the power that came with my 5.0 stock... Mind u his blown 4.6 was still faster but with some bolt ons and a really good tune i could give his blown 4.6 a run for his money and I would still be NA.. IMHO wait for 5.0..... Good things come to those that wait :)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
U can probably speed up the process and get it this summer... Cut grass, be a male whore, whatever tickles your pickle... I got my 5.0 as early as I did by working crazy hours and finding a 2nd job, but it was well worth it

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
U can probably speed up the process and get it this summer... Cut grass, be a male whore, whatever tickles your pickle... I got my 5.0 as early as I did by working crazy hours and finding a 2nd job, but it was well worth it
Exactly. And by doing this the car means so much more.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.