Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has no engine, originally from the factory it had a v8 289 4v. but its like half there, so im guessing ima have to just buy a new one rather than try to save what it has. should i buy another 289 like it had, like a new one, or can i go to a 302? if a 302, can i put a 300 hp, 350 hp, or 375 hp 302 in it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
It would probably be worth more with the right 289, with casting numbers starting with C4 or C5, but upgrades won't hurt it to much. Just don't try to make to much hp, I wouldn't go over 300 hp considering the car doesn't have a frame under it..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a '66 convertible. It was more of a cruiser drive than a hot-rod drive of my '65. I wouldn't bother with a hipo in your car, just doesn't have that feel.

Keep it a "stocker", with a little work you can get your existing block to perform quite well. A few mild aftermarket aluminum bolt-ons will work wonders.

Just my opinion.... been there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you want to keep it stock like a number,s matching show car then you will have to go with the 289....if it,s just for fun or special interest than you can put in anything you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts