Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a 1965 mustang and when i drive it the front end of the car squeaks and sounds pretty bad. is this the suspension?? or does it needs some wd-40??

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 1965 Mustang. It is almost certainly the upper control arms. As far as parts for your car, they can be bought in lots of places. NationalPartsDepot.com is where I buy most of the things I need for my Mustang. There is also California Mustang, Johns Mustang, Virigina Mustang...lots of places. You can buy virtually any part you need for that car without going though a mechanic and paying a markup. The parts are new reproductions, mostly very good quality. If you want some help with your technical questions and want to hang out with a bunch of other classic Mustang owners, go to http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-16/
That is the Classics section of Mustang Forums. I am a member there and the members love to help other people out with advice. We would be glad to have you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Right on the money LeonardA, you are absolutely correct
The most probable source of this squeak is from the upper control arm bushings which are of a metal on metal design on your Mustang.
Because of this setup, the bushings need to be lubricated faithfully, penetrating oil won't help at all.
Some so-called 'mechanics' used to burn holes with a torch in the inner fender to gain access to the grease fittings, a true sign of a butcher
Google upper control arm bushing lube kit and your good to go

·
Registered
54 Posts
first thing i would look at is the upper and lower control arm bushings.
i used to have a 1974 ford maverick that had squeaky bushings . i put a kit into it that would allow me to use a grease gun to grease them up so i wouldn't have to dismantle the arms.
fixed the squeaking.

any tips and help , i got a bud who operates ray greer's mustang
alley in hanford california.......559-584-2285.

he can get parts for any mustang prior to the mid 70s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts