Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 mustang gt and why dos it keep dieing after it been started for 30 mins?

It could be the TPS or IAC, clean or replace..
Ford Mustang IAC IAB - Solving your idle problemsDoes your idle rise and fall over and over again? Does your 'Stang stall when you come to a stop, or even when you put it in gear?
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/iac.php

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 1987 mustang gt and why dos it keep dieing after it been started for 30 mins?

i will say possible blockage in fuel ine somewhere between tank and injection. start ththe car wait till the car is warm then try to floor it while it is idling and before it dies, if that doesnt work try a fuel cleaner. basically tip it into the tank before you fill it

·
Registered
3 Posts

Clean or replace the Idle Air Control valve. It's positioned in front of the throttle body. Hasa two wire electrical hook-up.

·
Registered
30 Posts

check for a bad cat. internal restriction in your exaust sys will generate excessive back pressure and cause your motor to quit. good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts

Coil pack's toast. Replace it with one from the wrecker, should be about 25$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts