Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Recalls I wouldn't say a paint problem could be exposure to weather and multiple other factors, I am a painter and I know for fact if you don't lay down your coatings properly this could happen, or other things peeling I just painted my dads truck and its not peeling, I would say they can't paint or you have had this car for awhile and the paint is finally giving away, paint does NOT last forever it needs to be cleaned and serviced you need to make sure the upper layer of clear is good otherwise moisture and other elements will get to the lower layer and begin to expose it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not the first complaint I've heard, but nobody has gotten any help from Henry. Something about the clear coat is supposed to go on while the color coat is still tacky, & many cars had to wait too long, so the two coats aren't attached together like they were suppose to be. I've even heard of police cars with the same problem ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you buy the car new? I'm thinking that it's been wrecked and repainted improperly. I see this on a lot of bumpers (all makes and model cars). I think they were too lazy to do paint on plastic right (I'm still thinking either primer related problems or they didn't use a flex agent).

·
Registered
4 Posts
the paint is pealing because of the weather it is in, u can get a profession painter to do it with the right paint for ur weather....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts