Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mustang GT 2017
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2017 Mustang GT, and I currently have some high knock activity WOT, so right after stepping on it, I get 7+ on the knock sensor, sometimes 4, 6, and the highest 9. I honestly don't think that it's a false knock. I was trying a tune that was sent to me. However, I could not continue with the revision till I fix the Issue. My car has the stock tune currently and I still have the knock activity. I've already filled the car four times with 91 octane fuel from Costco or Shell, Cleaned the air filter, replaced sparkplugs, and tried to see if I saw something rattling in the car. I will try to load a few data logs that I have to see If I can get any recommendations, Thanks in advance!

The car is completely stock other than a K&N Air Intake and some Borla muffler tips.

I won't let me share Csv Files but here's the link to google drive if someone wants to look at them.

(Stock Tune)

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern

(Custom Tune from a tuner)

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

·
Administrator
10,844 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

·
Tech-Advisor
338 Posts
There is a couple of things I would look at...1) assuming you have 100k miles, check the cylinders for carbon buildup.....a cheapo cell phone camera will work just fine for this..... a little is ok and normal butt alot will cause detonation....if you have this, not a biggies..... just run the engine at about 2000 rpm and with a spray bottle/fine mist, apply water into the intake... not enough to kill the engine but just a mist... this will take a bit of time but this will clean the carbon off. 2) look carefully at the quality of fuel...a little bit of moisture in the fuel will cause this as well.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
BLK. 2007 Mustang GT. Premium.
3 Posts
I agree with Beechkid, when you switched between Costco and Shell, did you empty one gas before trying the other gas, if you did, how did they compare? If you didn't them some bad gas could have mixed with new gas. I think you just have some bad gas in your car. Run that all the way down, then go to a different shop, stick with 93 or 91 octanes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts