Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said I have lost the only set of keys, and need to know how to replace the ignition tumbler, and the trunk tumbler. Is it possable without a locksmith? any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Give your Ford dealer the VIN (vehicle identificaton number)(found on the drivers side of the winshield, only visible fom outside) and ask tem to make u a couple copies of the keys.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
The entire ignition switch comes out of the dash as does the door locks and trunk and glove box locks. Either available as a whole set from Classic Ford parts sellers or just have a Locksmith over to make you up a couple sets of keys and an extra one to hide.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would suggest taking the locks out and taking them to a locksmith. This is a good deal less expensive than paying for mobile service, and is likely less expensive than replacing the locks. Plus the fact that aftermarket locks may very well be lower quality and may corrode quickly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any locksmith can make a matching key in only a few minutes. My friend lost the only keys to his 66 Ford and the locksmith made a set of keys from the passenger door lock (on the car) in less than 2 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts