Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its kind of stupid i have an 2013 v6 manual base
but whats the different between the 2011, 2012 engine wise? is it still the 3.7 v6 with 305hp

and an other one is there anything different between the base and premium engine wise is it still the 3.7 v6 with 305hp

·
Registered
526 Posts
No matter what trim level on the 11'-13' it's the same 3.7 engine. There's the performance package you can add on which upgrades some things slightly, (3.31 gears to name one), but pretty much the same specs all the way around. Only cosmetics/interior change with the jump to the upper model.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
All trims have the exact same engines and output '11-13.

'13 the autos got the ability to shift with buttons on the shifter. They did make various manual transmission improvements over the years. Small, internal things that help with rough shifting and longevity. They were finished in late '12MY.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have an other question i went to the track to see my 1/4 on my owe i kept stalling out the car i dont know how to burnout nor rev it for rpms to launch

·
Registered
809 Posts
Burnout in a manual takes some practice. Hold down your break pedal and then hole the traction control button for about 6 seconds. You will see the "traction control off" light come on. Make sure you do that. sit in first and let the clutch out, let the carr roll a little then give it the gas and apply break at the same time. it takes some practice but you will feel it out..... video to help......

How to do a Burnout. Step by Step - YouTube

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

launch is a little easier. Sit in first and hold the clutch, apply gas to around 2K RPM (varies with track conditions) when you see the third orange light light up dump the clutch and off you go! if your having problems with rolling you can side step the break a touch to stop that. just remember to get off it when you punch the gas

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Burnout in a manual takes some practice. Hold down your break pedal and then hole the traction control button for about 6 seconds. You will see the "traction control off" light come on. Make sure you do that. sit in first and let the clutch out, let the carr roll a little then give it the gas and apply break at the same time. it takes some practice but you will feel it out..... video to help......

How to do a Burnout. Step by Step - YouTube

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

launch is a little easier. Sit in first and hold the clutch, apply gas to around 2K RPM (varies with track conditions) when you see the third orange light light up dump the clutch and off you go! if your having problems with rolling you can side step the break a touch to stop that. just remember to get off it when you punch the gas

okay im little lost on lunching i know hold gas and clutch 2000rpms but what do you mena dump cluthch?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Let it out as fast as you can.
Do this while it's under warranty. Hopefully you can convince the service advisor for a clutch replacement before the 36K/36 month warranty expires!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
bucko said:
Do this while it's under warranty. Hopefully you can convince the service advisor for a clutch replacement before the 36K/36 month warranty expires!
A properly used clutch shouldn't wear out that soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts