Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 05 v6 a few months ago thinking I'd save a couple grand by not getting a gt... I love it but am regretting not getting the v8. I leave for a 9 mo deployment in the navy in January so when I get back I'm thinking of selling and getting a new 13 5.0.

My other thought is to take the money I'll have saved up and do all the exterior things I've wanted to ( matte grey wrap, blk racing stripes w/ red pin stripe, wheels/rims, ) and then upgrading the interior to leather.... but I feel like I'd still want all that hp and would be wasting all that money on a car I plan to sell for a faster one.

My dilemma is speed vs looks... hmm anyone go through a similar First World Problem like this and have some advice haha?

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
5280APG said:
I bought a 05 v6 a few months ago thinking I'd save a couple grand by not getting a gt... I love it but am regretting not getting the v8. I leave for a 9 mo deployment in the navy in January so when I get back I'm thinking of selling and getting a new 13 5.0.

My other thought is to take the money I'll have saved up and do all the exterior things I've wanted to ( matte grey wrap, blk racing stripes w/ red pin stripe, wheels/rims, ) and then upgrading the interior to leather.... but I feel like I'd still want all that hp and would be wasting all that money on a car I plan to sell for a faster one.

My dilemma is speed vs looks... hmm anyone go through a similar First World Problem like this and have some advice haha?
Pick speed and looks!

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Any mods you do won't help resale value, I had a F-150 I put 8,000 into and it didn't help it one bit hurt it if anything cause it was one of a kind.
I would go with the new 5.0 they are super fast and already looking really sexy from the factory.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
imo if you want the power get the 13. they already look good off the line. plus you dont wanna waste the money on the 05 that you could just save and put toward the 13.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a pretty sick 2012 5.0 cali special for 26k. I can trade mine in for around 8500 and still owe around 11 on my loan. How would the process with the loan work if I traded it in and took a new loan out for the 5.0?

·
Registered
984 Posts
5280APG said:
I found a pretty sick 2012 5.0 cali special for 26k. I can trade mine in for around 8500 and still owe around 11 on my loan. How would the process with the loan work if I traded it in and took a new loan out for the 5.0?
That Cali special sounds like a great deal if it was me I would of bought if I didn't get mine lol I think they would add onto the new loan but I'm sure they would need some money down to don't forget about taxes an fees they add up quickly

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Also you could consider a newer V6 they're almost just as fast as 05-09 gen an have the newer body style an less expensive than a new GT

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Jimizee said:
Does American muscle deliver to Philippines?
Not to sound rude, but I see that you already made a separate thread asking this question. Please try to avoid hijacking other people's threads if it doesn't pertain to the subject.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Florida3.7L said:
Not to sound rude, but I see that you already made a separate thread asking this question. Please try to avoid hijacking other people's threads if it doesn't pertain to the subject.
Am sorry new here having a hard time posting,will try to be careful tnx and god bless..

·
Registered
213 Posts
The only thing I like about the v6 is the better gas mileage plus you can smoke some v8s off the start but will lose due to the lack of HP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
PRoss.20 said:
The only thing I like about the v6 is the better gas mileage plus you can smoke some v8s off the start but will lose due to the lack of HP.
U mean aside from the gas mileage,at starting point if race v6 hit start better than v8?but eventually will loss due to hp?

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

PRoss.20 said:
If upgraded till wat hp v6 could come up?700hp?lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
Jimizee said:
U mean aside from the gas mileage,at starting point if race v6 hit start better than v8?but eventually will loss due to hp?

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

If upgraded till wat hp v6 could come up?700hp?lol
V6's generally weigh less than v8's therefore more acceleration at first but lower weight has a hard time beating the raw HP advantage a v8 has. If you get your v6 to the same HP at the opposing racers v8 you should win.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
PRoss.20 said:
V6's generally weigh less than v8's therefore more acceleration at first but lower weight has a hard time beating the raw HP advantage a v8 has. If you get your v6 to the same HP at the opposing racers v8 you should win.
Torque wins races, Hp sells cars - Carroll Shelby!..

Even if you had a V6 and V8 with the exact same Hp, the V8 would still win!.. Simply due to the amount of torque it already puts out!.. Just remember when your doing mods, that just because you just added 20hp doesn't mean you added the same in torque!.. Or vise versa!..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Eturner said:

Even if you had a V6 and V8 with the exact same Hp, the V8 would still win!.. Simply due to the amount of torque it already puts out!.. Just remember when your doing mods, that just because you just added 20hp doesn't mean you added the same in torque!.. Or vise versa!..
Sometimes it's on the driver lol...

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

PRoss.20 said:
How can u get your v6 do same hp with v8?what are the things to upgrade?and how can v6 increase torque?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Eturner said:

+1

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Jimizee said:
Sometimes it's on the driver lol...

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

How can u get your v6 do same hp with v8?what are the things to upgrade?and how can v6 increase torque?
Put the same driver in both cars, V8 wins hands down!..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts