Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the install of my C&L CAI....it took a little longer than I thought but it was the first time I have ever done this. I think I did everything right.....are there any indicators in case I did not do something right?

[/IMG]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good! only indicators really would be CEL codes and engine running rough

CONGRATS!!
No Check engine and it ran as good as it did prior to the install....I guess I did it right:headbang:

Tomorrow I am going to install my hood struts.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Any clearance issues with the shroud and the hood? The first one they sent me did not mount correctly and wouldn't allow the hood to close. I called them and they said they revised the design and they sent me out a new one ASAP. Problem solved.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any clearance issues with the shroud and the hood? The first one they sent me did not mount correctly and wouldn't allow the hood to close. I called them and they said they revised the design and they sent me out a new one ASAP. Problem solved.
Nope hood is closing fine.....I am worried when I put the hood struts in though because I have to let the hood drop to get it to latch for some reason....I have noticed that since the first day

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
13BlkSunshine said:
Nope hood is closing fine.....I am worried when I put the hood struts in though because I have to let the hood drop to get it to latch for some reason....I have noticed that since the first day
You'll be fine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome....I can't wait to get them installed tomorrow....I am doing a sound tube delete as well but have not received the kit yet.....do you guys think everything will be ok if I leave the CAI uncapped and the firewall unplugged for a few day until it gets here?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
13BlkSunshine said:
Awesome....I can't wait to get them installed tomorrow....I am doing a sound tube delete as well but have not received the kit yet.....do you guys think everything will be ok if I leave the CAI uncapped and the firewall unplugged for a few day until it gets here?
As long as you don't plan on driving it. I would still cover the hole on the intake tube with something for the time being. No need for stuff to get in there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem....I will just wait to do the sound tube delete until the kit comes in. Thanks for the info...I have had mods done on cars before but this is the first time I am doing a lot of the work on my own.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Congrats buddy... I got the C&L cai and bama 91race tune and she boogeys like nobodys buisness.. What tune do u have?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats buddy... I got the C&L cai and bama 91race tune and she boogeys like nobodys buisness.. What tune do u have?
Still stock tune....the Boss Intake Manifold and tuner are my next purchases.

·
Registered
914 Posts
13BlkSunshine said:
I just finished the install of my C&L CAI....it took a little longer than I thought but it was the first time I have ever done this. I think I did everything right.....are there any indicators in case I did not do something right?

[/IMG]
Good job it feels good to do you own work don't it :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
227 Posts
I installed the C&L myself and apparently didn't tighten one of the hose clamps tight enough to create a strong seal and while driving the car went into limp mode. (Simultaneously I did too). It threw a code and I checked all the seals again and problem was fixed. Nothing bad happened... just scared the beans out of me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I installed the C&L myself and apparently didn't tighten one of the hose clamps tight enough to create a strong seal and while driving the car went into limp mode. (Simultaneously I did too). It threw a code and I checked all the seals again and problem was fixed. Nothing bad happened... just scared the beans out of me.
Good to know.....I am pretty sure I tightened down good but will double check when I am under the hood tomorrow to install the struts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sound tube delete is now done! I will post pictures tomorrow there was not a lot of light tonight.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts