Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
juss got the new xpipe and i juss wanted some input.It is a flowtech Xterminator offroad xpipe.Well my car is mostly stock except for a air silencer removed and a K&N air filter on.I still have to purchase my flowmasters:american thunder catbacks..How would youo guys think this would sound?i heard this setup sounds good.and one more thing..how would i connect this 2.5'' pipe to my stock 2'' headers?i heard i have to use an adapter for like 8 dollars each.and about the 02 sensors.the xpipe has 2 things for them.Does my v6 have 1?hopin for some answers .thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
it'll sound like ricey crap, not to mention 2.5" piping (most x/h pipes are 2.5"+) is overkill for your stock motor. the stock manifold *should* have a ball joint and will let you hook up the x pipe. you'll need MIL eliminators (ebay) to keep your CHECK ENGINE SOON light from coming on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ricey?are u serious.what if i just get magnaflows or bassani exhaust?would that sound ricey?

·
Registered
941 Posts
with no cats, it wil just sound bad above 3k rpms. when i say ricey, i mean raspy, rackety, and not DEEP and POWERFUL like what you're hoping for. it won't sound like a fart can exhaust muffler or resonator, but it isn't what you're thinking about probably. i'm sorry, but other can varify this as well. i'm getting ready for a supercharger, so i'm going with a 2.5" off road x pipe as well. i don't care about sound much though, mostly power.

any cat-back system you get won't sound that bad, unless you go with flowmasters which aren't great for power and definitely don't sound as good as magnaflows... try to avoid a 2 chamber muffler, go with 3 if possible. it'll mitigate the sound and that means it'll sound better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
umm ur v6 i believe should have 2 02 sensors, 1 for each side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts